Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Bagger

Cool

Zhan - On the way to and at the markets

Keeping an eye on everyone and the surroundings I'll be overseeing purchase of the neccessities and checking against the Cortex for the best value-quality ratio, while also seeing what might be posted for jobs on this planet. I'm not expecting a lot on either front however. More importantly during all of this I am keeping stock of shady going-ons around us and whether we are being watched or followed. All while giving off a relaxed enjoyable air.

Last edited by Exile; 10-23-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Support Monkey

Tucker - With the Crew, Going to (At) the Markets

At the Captain's order, Tucker would be sure to grab his side arm: a revolver similar to the one Mal uses.

When Sama grabs his arm he gives her a side long grin, "Only if you let me do your hair after the shopping." He teases.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Mando has shown appreciation for Lizzie's flirtations in the past. Given his stoic nature, however, this is usually just shown by his eyes watching her, his face remaining as stony as ever. This time is no different as she saunters off. Zhan's comment gets a nod. "I'll hold down the fort, Cap'n."

Haller Landing Markets
This is your usual port city bazaar, with just about anything you care to mention available for sale. The merchants run the gamut from corporate salesmen, trying to sell the latest best thing for a crewperson on the go, to the private-owned stalls just trying to get by in this crazy mixed-up Verse, to the shiftier sorts looking to unload goods of dubious legality.

Everyone gets some propositions-- both for trade and ... "trade"-- as they go through the markets. An official Alliance travelers' notice about Haller Landing warned that the port's "individuals of negotiable affection are known to be thieves. If this kind of personal business is necessary, Alliance officials recommend going to the Companions Guild manor in Banford Hills, about 20 miles north of Haller Landing, or Madame Rasmera's House in Haller Landing's Agrea District. Madame Rasmera's employees are not registered Companions, but she and her business are endorsed by municipal commerce officials." These warnings are further appended with the standard notice to "practice safe intercourse and have a proper medical check-up as soon as possible afterwards."

The best place to get ship parts/spares appears to be a sort of "general store" that has occupied a former warehouse that borders on the market. Trader Jim's Discount Emporium may not have top of the line stuff, but it's not bottom of the barrel, and affordable is good. Despite the name, the guy in charge of Trader Jim's Discount Emporium is Kevork Papazian, whom is known in Haller Landing for "being the guy you go to, to get a good deal."

Cortex Ads
Checking the Cortex would bring up the following jobs

(NOTE -- Rather than get bogged down in numbers, pay will be represented as how well it will pay. Client cut indicates how much of the payment taken from recipient goes back to the client, if applicable.)
[Client] --/-- [Job] --/-- [Destination] [Recipient] --/-- [Pay] [Client Cut]
[Ansible Shipping (subcontract)] --/-- [2.5T agricultural supplies] --/-- [Whitefall] [P. Bartlett] --/-- [Reasonable] [n/a - Ansible has already received payment from recipient]
[F. Brisket] --/-- [Transport 3 workers] --/-- [New Melbourne] [Meridian Heavy Industries] --/-- [Good] [35%]
[S. Lerga] --/-- [Transport self] --/-- [New Melbourne] [n/a] --/-- [Low] [n/a]
[R. Kellins] --/-- [Transport self] --/-- [Faraday] [n/a] --/-- [Low] [n/a]

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Bagger

Captain Cook - Trader Joe's

With only a slight hint of excitement around the eyes Zhānmǔsī begins tapping hurriedly on his Cortex access comm trying to secure two jobs before they get scooped up.
Quote:
Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
[F. Brisket] --/-- [Transport 3 workers] --/-- [New Melbourne] [Meridian Heavy Industries] --/-- [Good] [35%]
[S. Lerga] --/-- [Transport self] --/-- [New Melbourne] [n/a] --/-- [Low] [n/a]]
All while simultaneously looking up whatever information can be found on "F. Brisket" Meridian Heavy Industries" and "S. Lerga". After checking on the jobs and possible employers and arranging meetings (should they be interested in hiring them, if not he'll start making calls to convince them that the crew of the Duecalion are perfect for their transport needs...) his tapping will slow to a less hurried pace and his eyes will calm to a simple inquisiteness while looking up Faraday. Must be some smaller moon I've never heard of out rimwards. he'll think to himself. Afterwards he'll simply plot a rudimentary course in order to estimate fuel costs, and calculate those costs and the needed repairs versus the payment for the most recent job, refusing to factor in the payment from the possible jobs.

Once finally done annoyingly fiddling with his comm device he'll make a brief call to Mando to ensure safety of the crew and put away his comm. "So how far along are we here?" he'll inquire to Tucker and Sama a bit expectantly.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 PM
12 year old WoW nazi

Sama - Markets with cook, tucker, lizzie.

"They've got everything but that phase adaptor I am needing...I can get you another month out of the one we got current cap, but after that we will be NEEDING it. Supplies are enroute to the ship within the hour."

She takes a package from the merchant roughly no longer then a baseball bat, and about as round as a bowling ball and cradles it to her chest almost lovingly, murmuring silly things like, " soon baby, you'll have a new good home..."

Old 10-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Asura Mesmer

Lizzie - Haller Landing Markets

Lizzie wanders a bit as she makes her way through the markets with the other crew members, but she makes sure to stay within sight of the others. She smiles brightly at everyone who makes eye contact, but says little beyond exchanging pleasantries when offered. Lizzie keeps an eye out for stalls selling books but declines offers of other goods and... services.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Haller Landing Markets - Trader Jim's and area

On the comm, Mando does tell Zhan, "Some weird guy named Kellins kept poking around. Lookin' for transpo to Faraday. Looks like a bit of a chwen joo, Cap'n." Beat. "Lemme know if you guys find a zither or something like one at a good price."

The merchants in and around Trader Jim's Discount Emporium are the kind that never stop talking, and most of them speak Chinese, and quite rapidly. Papazian himself, however, seems to realize that Zhan is the man in charge of the money, and barrels down on him.

"Hello, my friend, come, come, what is it you are looking for, eh? I promise you, on the head of my dear, sweet, departed wife's mother, that I can find it for you and you can have it at the best price on this rock!" Kevork Papazian wears a tie-less suit of a Core fashion that went out of style before the war, and has impressively white teeth in the recesses of a big bushy beard in twin braids. After greeting Zhan in this fashion, all smiles and cheerfulness, he turns and yells something at a couple of his workers, but he's not speaking in Common or Chinese. Not usual. There are as many languages spoken in the Verse as there are people in it, seems like at times.

Cortex Data

Meridian Heavy Industries is a mining and ore refinement company based around Red Sun, mining the asteroid belt (the 'Motherlode') there. They have several facilities on New Melbourne.

Franklin Brisket is a headhunter. He finds people who need work, or companies that need manpower, and he goes out and finds them. A bit shifty, but a search does reveal that Meridian is looking for miners and other workers, so the job looks legit.

Syman Lerga turns out to just be some mild-looking middle-aged man needing transport to New Melbourne for family business.

Faraday is the other moon of the planet Harvest, also around Red Sun.

Calculating the costs vs available funds reveals that they'll have just enough to cover maintenance/repair/fueling before factoring in pay from the available jobs.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Bagger

Quote:
On the comm, Mando does tell Zhan, "Some weird guy named Kellins kept poking around. Lookin' for transpo to Faraday. Looks like a bit of a chwen joo, Cap'n." Beat. "Lemme know if you guys find a zither or something like one at a good price."
While talking to Mando he'll inform him, "We may actually be going to near Faraday so you might want to find out more about this Kellins fellow. If you can find out what business he has there and how quickly he needs to get there. If you think he's on the level tell him we should know something within the hour, but make no garuntees. I'll be there with the supplies once I'm done here. I know how you hate being couped up there on your own . . ." Pausing for a moment before adding with knowing sarcasm, "but I'm going to have to have someone babysit the medic, I know how much you hate that . . ."

After talking to Mando Zhan will start calling employers in order of importance (i.e.: level of pay), "Mr. Brisket, hello! I am Captain Zhānmǔsī Cook of the Duecalion. I'm calling to offer my services in transportation for Meridian Heavy Industries. . . Yes, well that being the case I would like to point out my crew and ship come highly recommended, I myself was a decorated officer in the Alliance military. . . Yes, Captain was in fact my rank, it's not just an honorary title. . . Please! Just call me Zhan. . . Alright, well I'm not sure how long we're going to be in port so you'll have to call back quick to secure my ships services. . . Yes, it's D-U-E-C-A-L-I-O-N, uh huh, yes that's Z-H-A-N-M-U-S-I, yes Cook. . . Good, I look forward to hearing from you. . . Very well, Good-bye!"

Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Bagger

Quote:
Haller Landing Markets - Trader Jim's and area"Hello, my friend, come, come, what is it you are looking for, eh? I promise you, on the head of my dear, sweet, departed wife's mother, that I can find it for you and you can have it at the best price on this rock!" Kevork Papazian wears a tie-less suit of a Core fashion that went out of style before the war, and has impressively white teeth in the recesses of a big bushy beard in twin braids. After greeting Zhan in this fashion, all smiles and cheerfulness, he turns and yells something at a couple of his workers, but he's not speaking in Common or Chinese. Not usual. There are as many languages spoken in the Verse as there are people in it, seems like at times.
After getting off the comm and meeting Kevork Papazian he'll look at the gentleman with an almost irrate demeanor, making sure to make eye-contact, and stating, "Well the first thing I'd like is for my crew to go unignored Jim. To be frank I have worked a long time to get a crew that I can trust to make decisions because I know that I need to be able to trust my crew implicitly. So I would appreciate if you would direct you're blatant sales-pitch to those in charge of finding and inspecting the merchandise that we are acquiring. Specifically . . ." placing a hand a Sama's shoulder gently so as not to leave the impression that the irritation is directed at her, "Sama, my mechanic. Once you have satisfied her expectations we will confer. Until then, I have a few more calls to make."

The comm rings a few times before a message must be left, "Mr. Lerga, my name is Captain Zhānmǔsī Cook of the Duecalion. I am calling about your need for passage to New Melbourne. We are going to be going that way and would be happy offer accomadations for your travels. Call me back at (###) ###-####. I look forward to meeting you."

Old 10-24-2013, 05:10 AM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Sarlon View Post
Sama - Markets with cook, tucker, lizzie.

"They've got everything but that phase adaptor I am needing...I can get you another month out of the one we got current cap, but after that we will be NEEDING it. Supplies are enroute to the ship within the hour."

She takes a package from the merchant roughly no longer then a baseball bat, and about as round as a bowling ball and cradles it to her chest almost lovingly, murmuring silly things like, " soon baby, you'll have a new good home..."
Rejoining the real world Zhan will engage Sama, "I know you're excited, don't worry we'll get it here soon." Turning to the store's proprietor he'll knowingly say, "Now Mr. Papazian, let's talk money. . ." before low-balling the original quoted price by 25%.
Closed Thread