Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Substitute Teacher FTW

I'm keeping it kinda generic until I get a plot line figured out.

Which is one of tonight's projects to keep my mind busy at work.

My author blog

Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 AM
Fire the Ineptitude Cannon!

Oh I'll just post it for Jay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Enjoy the game. Happy horrors!

Old 04-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Has had too many jobs

Well see here is the thing, money is virtually non existent right now, so even the $20 is outta my reach for a little (just had to get a car because old one died), so I kinda have no clue what is even possible. I have zero knowledge of the game. At all. None. Zero. Zilch.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Magical Talking Ponies

Finally getting these down - that third one could turn into a rather lengthy story if I find the time to write it.

Where You're From
Aspect: Snubbed Genius (in his opinion, at least)

Despite always being a bright child, Randall always seemed somewhat troubled. His numerous quirks worsened as he aged, and lead to no end of trouble for him in school and his personal life. He personally has always felt everyone should have gotten over it and let him do what he wanted.

What Shaped You
Aspect: It's Not Paranoia If...

As Randall made his way through school and got into a major university, it was always a question whether he'd be breezing through on scholarships, or finally crack and let the doctors settle on a diagnosis. Despite medication, psychiatry, and theories about a complex form of schizophrenia, Randall was more interested in the growing hints that he wasn't crazy, just more perceptive than others.

What Was Your First Adventure
Aspect: Damn Incorporeal Nuisance

Randall was doing his best to keep his head straight, ignore the voices, visions, and vaguely threatening sensations - and definitely the occasional prediction of doom that was inevitably chalked up to paranoid fantasy (not that anyone ever bothered to check his notes after the fact) - to focus on his schoolwork. It was even working. Up until he was visited by the late victim of a campus stalker, who demanded his help. Constantly. And generally made life difficult until he accepted. To make a long story short, helping those in need does wonders for one's sense of self; but the fights, police investigations, psychiatrist visits, interruption of studies, unexcused absences, and general disruption of life involved isn't quite so good for one's academic career. So school didn't exactly pan out. Oh, and despite getting revenge for her death and all that, Reilly the ghost still isn't moving on, instead apparently favoring his company. Joy.

Suggestions for our crossover stories, guys?

Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 04-29-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 AM
Has had too many jobs

What I have so far... ((And yes I thought the 'Gang Sucks' and this background for my character could prove interesting. As he was in a gang, and another of the characters dislikes gangs ))

Total Refresh: 1 Curent Fate Points: 1
Template: Focused Practitioner
Name: Jad Frost
Age: 16 Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue Height: 5'7'' Weight: 185
High Concept: Troubled Kinetomancer
Trouble: It’s all in his mind
1: Aspect: Part of a Pack (Where did you come from)
2: Aspect: Gang Colors (what shaped you)
3: Aspect: I’ve got a splitting headache (first adventure)
4: Aspect: ((Need Help With this)) (crossed paths)
5: Aspect: Into the Fire with Peter Salt (also staring)

Stress:
Physical: 4
Social: 2
Mental: 4

Consequences:
Mild - Any
Moderate - Any
Severe - Any

Skills:

Average (2 skills)Alertness, Deceit
Fair (2 Skills) Investigation, Craftsmanship
Good (2 Skills) Discipline, Burglary
Great (2 Skills) Conviction, Endurance

Stunts
The Big Picture (Burglary), Monkey With A Wrench and Jury Rig (Craftsmanship)

Powers:

Channeling (Spirit) (-2) : Kinetic Energy (Moving things (organic and inorganic) with his mind)

Where Are you From: Cincinnati Oh, Homeless, No Family
Trouble: It's all in his mind.
Aspect: Part of the Pack.
He ran away from a foster home after being placed there when his family was killed in a boat accident. He took up with a gang, and has a 'rap sheet' as long as his arm. Breaking and entering, theft, and the like.He has not had a family since 13, and is seriously troubled and rebellious. He finds it hard to trust anybody. He was part of a gang for awhile, but they abandoned him when his 'weirdness' began.

When his powers activate, he can get splitting headaches. His powers are all mental based, and he thinks he is going crazy. If he is not really concentrating it can get out of his control, sending objects and even people flying. Right now he gets drained if using his abilities. Takes as much effort to lift a book with his mind as it would to physically lift and carry it. (In other words he can only lift as much with his mind as he could physically lift, and he gets just as tired as he would if doing it physically). While he was part of the gang, he learned a few things. Like how to hotwire a car, pick locks, how to get around security systems. He was a quick learner. He is skilled at breaking the law, not so much in following it. Now he can open a lock with his mind, if it is not a complex one.

Gang Colors
He would have done anything for the gang, including kill if they asked. To him they were his only family, and several times he went to jail for something one of the other members did. However, as soon as his powers manifested themselves, the gang dropped him like a bad habit. Consequently he has trouble trusting anybody. He is still feeling loyal to them, despite the fact they are not loyal to him.

I've got a splitting Headache
During an attempted heist of some artwork in a museum, his power first manifested itself, and was out of his control. Objects started flying around the room, and set off the alarm, and the gang beat it post haste, leaving him with a splitting headache, facing serious trouble, and just plain out of luck... currently a guest in a mental ward..and even if he can get out..the police will keep an eye on him as he is considered a delinquent.

Into the Fire - guest starring Peter Salt
Phase Aspect: LET'S HEAR IT FOR TEAMWORK

One night down at the Five-Leaf Clover, after being sprung from the loony bin Jad met Peter Salt. Although he didn't really trust this Peter guy, since he didn't trust anybody right now, he decided to give it a go. Besides, he needed to blow off some steam after being pinched for the museum job. Some good mindless destruction might just do the trick.

They split up a bit in Thomas Park, but both ran across the "weird creep" about the same time. Said "creep" turned out to be a ghoul. Out of pure fear and instinct Jad had thrown up his hands to protect his face, and suddenly rocks started to pelt the Ghoul. Jad kept it off-balance with another rock throw, just long enough for a furious Peter to hit it with a fireball. The ghoul was thoroughly "burninated," and the two ghoul-killers had found a kindred spirit of sorts, a kinetomancer meeting a pyromancer. Jad's power still sort of weirded him out, but he thought this Peter guy's power was awesome. For a bit he thought of all the mischief the two could do, if Jad could over come his hesitancy to use his power, but thought that most likely Peter could do it on his own. Pictures of fire shaped in the form of tigers, dragons, or such still wormed the way into his mind.

Also Starring - Guest Starring Randall Williams
Aspect: Some things are better off staying secret.

Jad had thought moving things with his mind was scary enough, he couldn't have even imagined having some invisible girl talking to him. He believed the other guy though. Heck, the other person would probably think HE was crazy if he started talking about being able to lift up people or objects with his mind. So it was easier to talk about the invisible girl. Much, much easier.

Last edited by Mytical; 05-03-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Substitute Teacher FTW

We may need to hold off on finishing the meets until we get My settled. Which would be faster if I weren't at work. Whee.

My author blog

Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Support Monkey

I added Emma's repertoire of enchanted items to her sheet. Reading more about enchanted items they are essentially rote spells on a stick. The effect is predetermined and no rolls for control are needed, but if the effect requires aiming (such as the fire wand) a roll, usually discipline, is used to aim it.

Last edited by Chanlin; 04-29-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Fire the Ineptitude Cannon!

Quote:
Quoth Mytical View Post
Well see here is the thing, money is virtually non existent right now, so even the $20 is outta my reach for a little (just had to get a car because old one died), so I kinda have no clue what is even possible. I have zero knowledge of the game. At all. None. Zero. Zilch.
Pop me a PM with your email. I can help

Edit, actually, I forgot I had a Dropbox set up. Gave you a link in your PMs that should help.

Last edited by KhirasHY; 04-29-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Has had too many jobs

Still fleshing out each aspect (need much more to make it even somewhat decent), still no clue about skills/powers, etc..but working that out slowly also. He's starting to take shape though.

Quote:
Quoth KhirasHY View Post
Pop me a PM with your email. I can help

Edit, actually, I forgot I had a Dropbox set up. Gave you a link in your PMs that should help.
I have one of the books now. So things are starting to shape up, but I am having trouble understanding the system. ((Because my illness causes confusion and memory issues)). I know his skills would be in like picking locks, security systems (as in how to get around them), and his powers would be based on Kinetic energy...but how to put that in the proper form is escaping me at this time.

Last edited by Mytical; 04-29-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Support Monkey

Ahem:

Skills: Check page 66 for a chart that breaks down how many skills you can have at our power level (we are using 20 skill points)

Page 120 has a listing of Skills.

For what you are doing you will want Discipline, Conviction, and Endurance and then whatever other skills you want.

Powers:

Focused Practitioner has to take Channeling or Ritual. You will want Channeling for the concept you told me about. Channeling lets you pick one Element (Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Spirit (Force)) you are able to manipulate with magic.

Air or Earth will let you toss lightning (Air if you want to call it down out of the sky, Earth if you want to use yourself as a lightning rod and hurl it at people)

Spirit(Force) Will get you your Telekinetic ability.
Closed Thread