This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just got back a response to my e-mail to them:

There is no way for you to look up a patient's history of receiving controlled substances at this time.

The Practitioner Notification Program (PNP) will become available to Pharmacists this August 27, 2013.
    Oh well... seems the ones who need to know the most, are the last to find out.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post

There's no point in having the most complicated key in the world to a lock if the lock is attached to a screen door.
      Love your analogy.

As for long complex passwords, I agree, the harder to remember, the more need to write them down somehwhere handy, to be all that much easier for somoene to find. The only exception is one you have to use multiple times per day, every day - I once worked where the password was used so often, at some point I needed to tell it to someone for some reason, and found I had to type it - my brain no longer processed it, my fingers just typed it

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
        I have an encrypted password db that I keep passwords in. I make up funny/nonsense answers to questions like that and keep them in the notes. Favorite pet:Cthulu, First car:Tardis. It means that if I ever lose access to the db, I'm screwed, but it keeps from having to try to figure out exact spellings and junk later.
        I have the (encrypted!) database for my encrypted password program, along with a copy of said program, stored on three different thumb drives. They're all small drives, they don't need to be any larger.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          I have the (encrypted!) database for my encrypted password program, along with a copy of said program, stored on three different thumb drives. They're all small drives, they don't need to be any larger.
          Yep. I actually have mine sitting on a folder shared via a cloud service. I automatically syncs from computer to phone to tablet. As well as being good for backups, it's also great at making sure I don't have to grovel around to get a password.
          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Working...
          X