This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunks and punches

Here are a few I've gathered from the last few weeks...

Where's my spam?

I took a phone call from this SC.

Me: *spiel"
    SC: "I want to speak to a manager."
    Me: "May I ask what this is in regards to?"
    SC: "You're running a sh*tty business! I used to go there for years and no one ever told me you reopened! My friend got an email inviting him back and I never got one. Why aren't you emailing your old customers? You guys must be idiots to not ask for the list of old customers!"
    Me: "We did keep customer information; unfortunately some was lost when we switched databases. I am sorry and I would be happy to add you to our email list."
    SC: "I don't understand why you wouldn't be contacting all your old customers! That's the first thing you should have done..." *repeats his rant for another five minutes.*

I finally got him calmed down enough for him to give me his email and added him to the mailing list.

I've never seen someone so worked up over not getting email spam.

Drunk man is drunk

A drunk man was in our lobby waiting for a cab that just wasn't arriving fast enough for me. I can't quote him verbatim, but he went on about how he's apparently BFFs with Queen Beatrix and Hillary Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

It was annoying drunk ramblings, but harmless rantings, until he asked my supervisor:

Sucky Drunk: "So, do you get yourself off?"
    Me and Supervisor:
    Sucky Drunk: *loudly announcing to some guests passing by* "I just asked if she gets herself off! Hahaha!

It was at that point I called Security. He took him outside away from us (and other guests) and gave him an audience until the cab arrived.

You clearly know this person well

*phone rings*
    Me: *spiel*
    SC: "Connect me to [name I don't recognize]."
    Me: "Is [name] a guest here?"
    SC: "No, she works there. Connect me."
    Me: "Do you know what department she's in."
    SC: "No! Just connect me!"
    Me: "I'm sorry, I don't know her. Without a department to transfer you to I can't connect you."
    SC: "Look, just go get [name] and bring her to the phone, okay?"

I ended up connecting him with HR to see if they could help.

I have over 300 coworkers and don't know them all yet. This is a big place. I need something to work with here to narrow things down.

Ready? Fight!

Didn't witness this, but I sure heard about it.

There was a 10 top in the restaurant being loud and obnoxious and getting very drunk. They were going on about how the food was awful and the service was awful and how no one should eat there. Their server was walking away in tears, that's how bad they were. The group was cut-off and servers told to avoid the table from that point on.

Management down there caved and comped their meals (on a table of 10!), but they were still going on their rantings.

A nearby couple was having enough, and the man turned to the group and said "Look, you got what you wanted, now why don't you be quiet so the rest of us can enjoy our meals?"

The group didn't take to kindly to that, because one of them got up and decked the guest in the jaw!

Police were called, the group ran off, the guest who was punched initially wanted to press charges but then decided to drop it.

The restaurant management was told in no uncertain terms to next time call Security before things come to blows. That group should have been 86ed long before things got to where they did.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

He's lucky it wasn't me. The moderators here may have figured out that I have a temper that I'm always struggling to keep in check, this would have pushed me over the edge. You punch me, you might never have kids ever (again.)
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Personally if I was in a restaurant where I saw a group like that having their meals comped, I would demand that my meal was free for the inconvenience of having to put up with them. And if that caught on, you can bet there would be far fewer meals of troublesome groups being comped!
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

And so the cycle continues... Sucky people suck & get rewarded for it Sorry you have to deal with such spineless management!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          Here are a few I've gathered from the last few weeks...

Where's my spam?
          That dude probably was receiving the emails but was deleting them as spam. What a dork.

It was at that point I called Security. He took him outside away from us (and other guests) and gave him an audience until the cab arrived.
          Frankly I'm surprised a cab was called and not one of those special "black cabs" A night in a drunk tank might have given him a new outlook on life.

I have over 300 coworkers and don't know them all yet. This is a big place. I need something to work with here to narrow things down.
          If they were really a friend, they'd have a mobile number to contact person directly. Hell, even the vendor reps and regular delivery drivers have my cell phone number. Obviously this one was special . .

The restaurant management was told in no uncertain terms to next time call Security before things come to blows. That group should have been 86ed long before things got to where they did.
          And this is where the other customers should have complained to management on the spot about this group and insisted they be removed.

Management also should have had the backbone to call 911 for immediate pest removal of that group before it got to the point where someone was assaulted.

And as the lion says, that's just my .02 cents.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            Management also should have had the backbone to call 911 for immediate pest removal of that group before it got to the point where someone was assaulted.
            Gonna have to disagree with you here. 911 is for emergencies, and loud, obnoxious, and boisterous groups don't qualify as emergencies, especially as they had not to that point threatened anyone, and had merely been hateful, whiny, complaining little fucktards. Hardly worthy of police intervention at that point, let alone calling the emergency line.

But I do agree that management should have had more backbone, and told the group to chill out, or there WOULD be consequences.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X