This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about I just don't call then?

I work in a department that is imploding. We have 1 full time, 2 part time (I am PT), the full timer has called in sick for two weeks straight, the part time just gave notice. I am actively looking after being on RTO for 2 weeks.

Today I got called in and took a 4 hour shift. I get in there, there is over a weeks worth of work not done (I work in a time sensitive department) and after slogging for three solid hours I finally start to see the light of day for updating our paperwork/ calling customers with the backlog.

The second to last customer I call berates me for calling them at 7:30pm when we close at 9pm because that's not enough time for him to get up to the store.... That's after 2.5 hours of taking no customers at all through my register, just working through the backlog of customers who should have been called since LAST SUNDAY, my last shift.

You know what, I am sooooo sorry I have spent the last few hours getting through a weeks worth of work because the other PT worker refuses to do ANY work and the FT has been in and out of hospital. I am sooooooooo sorry that I took time away from exam study to make sure you got your product as soon as possible and I am SOOOOOOOOOOo sorry that I called you at 7:30pm on a monday and ruined your entire week.

Jackass.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Damned if you do, damned if you don't
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

An hour and a half is not enough time for him to get there? Where does he live - other side of the country?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

He didn't know what you had been doing. As far as he was concerned, you weren't doing your job properly. And that means... never judge and never assume that a person is just being lazy or incompetent! I wish you had told him... but some people think we're miracle workers so that might not have even worked.

Comment

Working...
        X