Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XCashier, methinks the same customers are travelling from your store to mine and back again. Unbelievable. I have had custy really getting the raw end of the deal due to our mistake and have remained calm while I took forever to resolve it. I was on the phone for half an hour, and she'd had to drive a long way because the issue needed to be resolved at our location. She wasn't chipper, but she was polite and by no means took it out on us. I apologized all over the place because of that and told her I was really frustrated on her behalf, that this should not have happened, etc.
    And then you have these women who fly off the handle at minor things right in the beginning, even insulting the employees personally. I really don't understand that. I've been frustrated, but usually I let it go right away; not worth my time, you know? If I do contact a manager I am nice about it and doing it so they can fix whatever and not cause someone else a problem. But I'm not going to get angry over a wrong sign or whatever. As a friend used to say, "In light of eternity, what does this matter?"
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I seriously don't get people like this! What a nasty, vile bully.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        The city banned them ostensibly to protect the environment.
        They DO realize that the plastic bag manufacturers are just selling them to other states that have no such bans, instead...right? o_O
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          They DO realize that the plastic bag manufacturers are just selling them to other states that have no such bans, instead...right? o_O
          Don't ask me to understand how lawmakers come to their conclusions. I'm too logical to figure them out.

But since the city passed the ordinance, my company has to follow it. It's the city's decision, not my company's. Berating me for following the ordinance the city passed is not going to solve anything. Do they think that I will march up to City Hall and single-handedly demand that they retract their decision? Or do they think if they bully me enough I will wave a magic wand and pull plastic bags out of thin air Just For Them?! If the SC's really, truly cared about this issue, they'd take it up with the lawmakers. They find it much easier to bitch at the cashier instead, and they walk away thinking they've Stuck It To Da Man!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            I seriously don't get people like this! What a nasty, vile bully.
            ^This. These customers are bullies; they pick on the cashier, who can't fight back and either hit them or tell them what a vile waste of space they are, like a stranger in the street would.

I've had a nasty SC reduce me to tears on more than one occasion before... not so much upset tears, but tears of rage cuz I really want to just scream at them, "I am a human being too, you know! Why the hell do you think it's fine and dandy to treat me like some subhuman mess on the sole of your shoe?!"

And this is exactly why if I'm in a shop, and I hear one of these vile SCs bullying a cashier, I will step forward and give them a verbal smackdown, cuz I know exactly how the poor cashier feels.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

It's this forum and reading about customers like this that help me understand why I constantly deal with employees that look on the verge of PSCTD (Post Sucky Customer Twitch/Trauma Disorder) when something goes wrong during my transactions. It's like they are so stunned that a customer can be nice about a problem. Poor souls... One employee was so stunned her brain to mouth filter failed, "You're not mad?!" "Would getting mad get the problem fixed? No. I'd rather use that energy getting the problem fixed."

So to your SC, I offer the duct-tape of resolution. Silence is golden, because duct-tape is silver!
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
              X