This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    .. (the 21st month of the year? What is that - Moronicus?). Triple fail.
    Mars. 687 day year.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wait one minute.

If there was "NO SIGN! NO SIGN!",

how the hell did Mister No Sign figure out where to go to get his car back?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        Wait one minute.

If there was "NO SIGN! NO SIGN!",

how the hell did Mister No Sign figure out where to go to get his car back?
        BRILLIANT!!!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Bad move by Yup. Next time, after getting towed, the scammer brigade will take down the signs before showing up at the yard and beginning a chorus of "No Sign!".
          Already thought of that.

They're put up too high on the wall to reach by hand, and are power-driven in with nails by a nifty little device we have that uses .22 blank ammunition loads to shoot them into the concrete.

There's no way anyone not smart enough to read and understand them can figure out a way to get them down that won't end up killing/maiming themselves in the process.

And the issue with "how'd you know we had it, if our signs weren't up?" is that they usually respond with "Well, I saw them NOW, but, see, because I didn't see them BEFORE, it doesn't count and they're confusing/unreadable/hidden anyway, so you really don't have any signs up!!"
          Last edited by Argabarga; 03-31-2014, 05:01 AM.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Mars. 687 day year.
            but which moon's orbital time do they base their month on?

Comment

That Sign guy got owned. I've been asking my company to put in a penalty clause to their contracts where if the customer lies and gets caught for it we can charge them extra. Of course customer comes first mentality doesn't allow for this completely fair and sanctionable rule to be applied.

But your story and the fact you can do it, Lovin' it!!

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                but which moon's orbital time do they base their month on?
                Probably neither. A Martian day is 24. 66 hours long. Phobos orbits in 7.66 hours and Deimos orbits in 30.35 hours. Using Phobos means there are 3 months in a day, and using Deimos means a little over a day in a month. So neither moon is practical for determining the length of a month. Some other measure is needed to determine a Martian month.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Probably neither. A Martian day is 24. 66 hours long. Phobos orbits in 7.66 hours and Deimos orbits in 30.35 hours. Using Phobos means there are 3 months in a day, and using Deimos means a little over a day in a month. So neither moon is practical for determining the length of a month. Some other measure is needed to determine a Martian month.
                  Or just arbitrarily set a length of time to be a Martian month, like 60 Martian days or something.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Enough with this fancy math and orbital mechanics! Just declare Martian Law, shoot everyone, and get it over with.....

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                      Enough with this fancy math and orbital mechanics! Just declare Martian Law, shoot everyone, and get it over with.....
                      So that's why the Mars rover didn't find anyone.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        And the issue with "how'd you know we had it, if our signs weren't up?" is that they usually respond with "Well, I saw them NOW, but, see, because I didn't see them BEFORE, it doesn't count and they're confusing/unreadable/hidden anyway, so you really don't have any signs up!!"
                        Ow! Jeez, that was my brain! Warn a guy next time, will ya? I think I just lost four IQ points and eleventh grade Algebra.

What's that old expression? "I haven't seen such tortured logic since Spock's last Pon-Farr..."

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                          Ow! Jeez, that was my brain! Warn a guy next time, will ya? I think I just lost four IQ points and eleventh grade Algebra.

What's that old expression? "I haven't seen such tortured logic since Spock's last Pon-Farr..."
                          You expected better from the SC's?

Son, I am very disappointed in you ........

Comment

Not angry. Just disappointed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Not angry. Just disappointed.
                              *sigh* I know. I'll do better next time. Honest.

Oh, and I got the algebra back. All I had to do was listen to a couple of Jonathan Coulton albums.

Comment

Working...
                              X