This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad stuff happened yesterday!

This is a post from another site that I go on.

Background:

I work in a board game/card game store located in a mall. For the longest time we have had product gone missing and have not been able to catch anyone at it, up until yesterday however.

Story:

Last week I got a phone call at work.
    Me:[Game store], Sandiercy speaking
    TG: (tattoo guy) This is TG from [local tattoo parlour]. One of our regular customers just stole an Ipad from our location, rumour was that he is a regular at your store, have you seen him around?
    Me: Sorry man, I havent seen him in a while, will definitely give you a shout if he comes in.
    TG: Thanks, its very important to us as it contains a lot of contact information for customers as well as credit card information for said customers.

Next Day

Me: (answering phone) [game store]
    PD: (police department) This is the police, we are calling regarding RC (or regular customer who stole Ipad). Have you seen him around? He is wanted for cyber crimes as well as theft.
    Me: RC hasn't come around in a while, if we see him though, we will call 911.

The other night:

I am walking home from work and I see RC walking by, he gives me a dirty look and hurried away. I call 911 immediately and give them description.

Yesterday

I am sitting at work in the mall with my boss discussing inventory when we hear shouting in the mall. Boss tells me to watch the counter and he takes off to see what the problem is. A few minutes later he comes back and tells me that RC just assaulted the owner of another tattoo parlour which is a neighbour to us. The following link is graphic in nature and contains violence. link. The police show up and arrest him. Unfortunately they are saying that he will be out of jail tomorrow. Another store keeper in the mall told us that someone stole a laptop from his place, we checked out the security footage and it is in fact RC. It turns out that he bragged to someone that he had in fact been stealing from our business for a long time.
    I will keep you guys posted if anything else happens.

EDIT: I have made sure to not include any identifying information in the video.

UPDATE:
    I have talked with the woman in the video and she is bruised (face and shoulder) but otherwise ok. She is definitely going to press charges.
    UPDATE 2:
    Guy in video has a court date for tomorrow. 3 counts of assault causing bodily harm (another female security guard came later and he punched her out) plus attempted robbery for going behind the counter like that. I really hope they throw the book at him.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Wow, that's disgusting. I hope they put him away for quite some time as well.

Comment

With so many witnesses I don't doubt that the judge will.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
        It turns out that he bragged to someone that he had in fact been stealing from our business for a long time.
        And here I thought mixing Voltage Mt. Dew with Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream was a bad idea!

…okay, uh, it still is. Bleah.
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Also saw this on FB before it was posted here. Was a "worlds dumbest" or something in the posting.

Dang...Glad she is okay.

Comment

How could he get out of jail so quickly after an assault like this? What will keep him from even going to court?
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

He had bail...? I dunno.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                How could he get out of jail so quickly after an assault like this? What will keep him from even going to court?
                Canadialand, I believe.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                  Canadialand, I believe.
                  Yup. I'm also in BC. I've seen a guy get arrested for a felony (indictable offence here) near midnight on the friday of a long weekend and be out on bail less than 90 minutes later.
                  Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Yup. Another BC dude here and I can say that it's a bit frustrating when guys do something horrible get released right away and poof into the wild somewhere before court

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
                      UPDATE:
                      I have talked with the woman in the video and she is bruised (face and shoulder) but otherwise ok. She is definitely going to press charges.
                      I'm glad she's OK - man, she's scrappy! - after taking those kicks, she popped up and grabbed a chair to try and smack him back?? Too bad she wasn't a little taller, so she could clock him with it properly. What a brave man, to beat up someone half his size.
                      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Working...
                      X