This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book rant

Ok while I don't like it, I do understand you, the customer, not putting the book back where you got it. And after all there isn't a lot of organization to our books at all. But still putting the kids book back in the adult section or the hardback on the paperback shelf is annoying but understandable.

I am also grudgingly willing to let slide you putting the book back on top of all the other books instead of actually on the self in the proper manner. The shelves can get a little tight sometimes, particularly in the cookbook or odd size sections.

But what kind of SC arse do you have to be to put the book back on the shelf with the spine to the wall?!?

A really stupid one...??

That's all I got.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The same kind of jerk who intershelves Arabic language books amongst the Hebrew. It took me over an hour to get that face range back in order! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

Quoth Librarybabe View Post
        The same kind of jerk who intershelves Arabic language books amongst the Hebrew...
        They're both smite-ic languages.

(Worries about new G-daughter living near Tel Aviv...)
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth CaptainThrifty View Post
          But what kind of SC arse do you have to be to put the book back on the shelf with the spine to the wall?!?
          The same kind of SC who comes to my store, puts the corduroy in with the flannel, the silk with the muslin, the licensed character fabrics with the cheap quilting fabrics, and all of them half-unwound, labels facing the wrong way. Or just pulls everything off the shelves and dumps them wherever.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

We get people doing this at the library, although it mainly seems to be in the children's area....particularly the graphic novels/manga. I can understand younger children not knowing or remembering how to put books back on the shelve, but some of them are old enough to know not to do that.

Comment

The same kind of lazy idiot who dumps the chocolate bars in among the crisps, or the drinks in among the milk. Cuz it's far too much like hard work to walk a couple of steps in the other direction and put the stuff you don't want back!
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

My guess is that they couldn't figure out how to put the book onto the shelf without damaging it so put it in backwards so they didn't bend the cover..?
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  My guess is that they couldn't figure out how to put the book onto the shelf without damaging it so put it in backwards so they didn't bend the cover..?
                  I so want to believe this is true, because it would indicate a respect for property along with an awareness of the mis-shelver's own limitations.

But I suspect they are just idiots.
                  Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                    I so want to believe this is true, because it would indicate a respect for property along with an awareness of the mis-shelver's own limitations.

But I suspect they are just idiots.
                    Maybe - or their love of books is greater than their love of knowledge..?
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

If it isn't (the oh-so likely) laziness, maybe they're "saving" it for themselves to go back to later. Like, I don't want to have to WRITE DOWN or REMEMBER the title and I want it to be there, so I'll put it back wrong! No one will bother to look at and buy it if it's facing the wrong way! And then I can go back and keep looking at it and not have to pay for it -> smug sucktomer is smug from LOGIC.

Comment

Working...
                      X