This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day officially on the sales floor

I may have mentioned I was going back into retail part-time after 2 years of having just my full-time job. It was interesting.
    1. Someone asked for my business card. She also gave me a hug, told me she's wiccan, and also told me she thinks her neighbor's yard is so creative and pretty because he's gay.
    2. Another lady shares my understanding of how the meaning of rainbows has changed. It was just odd that she brought it up.
    3. Someone asked me what style a table was (French Provincial?) and my knowledge of styles is very limited. She said her house is craftsman but furnished in [insert style I've never heard of here.] I did the best I could.
    4. My coworker who was born when I started in the workforce wanted to know if I feel comfortable handling cash. Waaaayyy too comfortable.
    5. I found out I do not, in fact, get a 15 min. break if my coworker is right. I only work 4-hour shifts. No, that's not illegal in our state. Now I understand why everyone keeps snacks by the backroom door.
    6. I was working with the MOD and saw a coworker I hadn't met yet in the opposite part of the store who looked familiar. She's a former coworker from Red Circles and she still works there and here.

All in all I think it will be easy extra money. They call it a Sales Associate in retail but at the Bullseye I was by no means doing any kind of sales. Here my job is selling stuff via good customer service and ringing it out is just a task I do. The only concerns I have are lifting things--I have had neck pain all weekend from last Sunday--and I don't want to come in until 12:30 on Sundays but she's given me a noon shift next week. I like the merch we have and I joke about my paycheck going to shopping but honestly I'm not really tempted. If I need anything I'll go to the discount stores. This stuff is exorbitantly expensive. We supposedly have stuff from all over the world but most of it came from China.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X