This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "other dealers are willing to work with customers"

OK So dude at LA Dee Dodge for some reason, gets board and wants to price check me for a bluetooth set up for a 4 year old van.
    ME-OK dude VIN that it might work with your radio"
    d-nope
    Me-did you get it here?
    D-No that's why I want a price on it?!
    Me *sigh* no -the van if you got it here I could look it up
    D- no constant digging on phone finds pic on ins. (OK cool)
    D- I should of saved the part # I found (yea) but anyways dealers are willing to help out and (I kind of faded here) but they would do like $100 for it
    Me -looks it up 1- list $385 2-cost high 200's 3- backordered from outside vendor till mid DEC! 4- far (states away)and few dealers have it.
    So I tell dude whahhhtt no that's with free install (1.5hr install oh hells no)
    Dealer sites are willing to work with people and have it for $100!
    ME- not for OEM
    YES OEM I found the PN now even!
    OK Well good luck my quick google shows the few who do have it have it for the same or more inc Amazon and no dealer has this part for sale for over 1/2 of cost from FCA so good luck.
    Dude mutters something about a dealer from AZ. Yea good luck with that.
    Why don't you work with your customers?
    ahhh the dude who's name is on the wall gets mad if I sell under cost. soooo
    He finally walks away at this point.
    Does this lowball shit ever work?
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
    D- I should of saved the part # I found
    Don't you just love that? Oh, we don't need that one piece of information that would make everything so much easier and save everybody time.

We used to have a customer at our library that thrived on doing things like that. He wasn't happy if he didn't have something to complain about. Once he came in ranting about music cd's in our catalog that didn't have a request button. He found 11 or 12 of those cd's he couldn't request and why would that happen? why why why why? I asked for the title of any of those cd's so I can pull up the record and see what the problem is, and of course he doesn't have even one of them. Didn't write down any of them and can't remember any of the titles, the bands or anything that would help me find one of those cd's. Without looking at one of the problem items I have no idea why that button's missing. Well that just pissed him off more, which I suspect is what he really wanted. He eventually ended up talking to my manager, who did figure out the problem. Unfortunately the answer just gave him something else to complain about. The whole thing would have been cleared up right away if he'd just saved even one of those titles.

Comment

If he is seeing it for less than half the price, I'm betting he has the wrong part number.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        If he is seeing it for less than half the price, I'm betting he has the wrong part number.
        Oh yea I'm thinking that also.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

And, of course, if you had ordered that part for him, it would be your fault.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yes, but

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
            Does this lowball shit ever work?
            Yes it does, in the early 1980's we lost customers to other computer stores that low-balled the price of items/repairs all the time, they hoped to make back the profits in later sales.

Today, that same original computer company is still in business with more employees and contracts than ever. All those low-balling competitors? None of they even stayed in business long enough to make it to 1990!

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              It's possible, but I think it's more likely he's just B.S.ing to get a lower price.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Some people just take entirely the wrong lesson from customer service people who do everything they can to help a customer.
                One of the major lessons they should take is: if they say they can't, they probably aren't lying.

I needed a battery for my moped. (Scooter, really. No pedals. Motorcycle with an engine that would be small on a lawnmower.) I called a store to ask if they sold them charged (many stores do not).
                When I arrived, I mentioned that charged had been a deal breaker because my current battery was completely dead and the kickstarter didn't work.

Then it turned out the battery that would fit was out-of-stock.
                But they did have a nicer battery that would fit, at like twice the price.

He gave me the better battery at the price of the out-of-stock one. He did something with their "price match guarantee", I think.
                And earned a customer for life. I buy my bulbs there, I bought another one of those batteries at full price.

A ... worse person .., would take the lesson that "they can always do that, if you just convince them". No, the lesson is, "they can sometimes do that, and always do what they can if you are nice about it."

Comment

That's always been my philosophy. If you're nice and polite, I will bend over backwards to help you, within reason. The moment you get nasty, you get the bare minimum.

Comment

I don't envy those, like us, who had to deal with the General Motors strike...

When a company goes on strike, that means we can't get the part because the workers are refusing to make them right now.

No, we don't know when they'll be more amicable to making more, but as soon as they are, we'll let you know and order one.

Oh, you're going to ding us on our customer feedback because we, a lowly two-bay garage, can't influence industrial labor relations? And are making you "Wait excessively?"

Thanks for nothing, Karen.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I also have Chevy on the lot and it was bad during the strike

ALSO WTF is with all the ads now? I didn't put one in my OP.
                      AkaiKitsune

Comment

Rosco -- My guess is that the advertisers have simply figured out a new way to bypass the current filters used by Firefox/adblockers, etc. Nothing has changed recently on our end, of which I am aware.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Try Ghostery or PrivacyBadger (plugins). Right now all I'm seeing here on CS is Google Analytics
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Ugh, not Ghostery. I had problems with that one. All I have is NoScript and AdBlock Plus, and I'm not seeing them.
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I also suddenly started getting crazy ads. Only on my phone, Adblocker catches things pretty well on my laptop, no problems there. On my phone sometimes I tap to go to a forum and it just shows me a HUGE ad and I have to go back and try again. Otherwise, there are tons of them crowding the page.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                              X