This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you work in billing when....

1. You have so many passwords for all the bank access portals that you have to keep them on a spreadsheet.
    2. You see your invoicing system in your sleep: the actual screen is imprinted on your brain.
    3. You have to teach accounts payable people how to pay you 'cause they have no clue how any of it works. (Maybe that's specific to my company's screwy system.)
    4. You don't trust yourself to do math in your head. You ALWAYS use a calculator and often second-guess yourself.
    5. You say it so often that the word invoice has lost all meaning.
    6. It takes you 4.9 seconds to waive a fee. (OK, exaggerating, but I can do it so fast now.)
    7. You definitely know the difference between a rental and a lease. (Again, maybe specific to us.)
    8. You're an expert on research. If money has come in you will find it somewhere, except in that rare instance.
    9. You see money as puzzle pieces that need to fit into the account as a whole.
    10. You LOVE when customers send checks: so much easier to track than electronic payments.
    11. You think a $0 balance is boring.

Maybe this is just me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

what is the difference between a rental and a lease? Now I'm curious. Unless the lease just means it's a contract for a specific amount of time, and a rental is not?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I believe so, TG. You lease an apartment from your landlord; you rent a DVD at RedBox.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
        what is the difference between a rental and a lease? Now I'm curious. Unless the lease just means it's a contract for a specific amount of time, and a rental is not?
        Exactly. A rental is month to month and can be cancelled at any time. A lease is a signed contract for a specific number of payments/dollar amount.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X