X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
    Update:

So, in the months since I left Apparel I have been bumped up to full time. Just got my second bonus this past payday and I have to say, I really like bonuses.

There were rumors going around that the Bitch of Apparel was stealing baby clothes. Nothing ever came of that, however, a couple of weeks ago she was scheduled to come in on a Sunday. Apparently no one else was scheduled that morning, which is something I've come to think of as standard operating procedure but I never complained. She decided she wasn't having any of it, so she just left for the day.

I'm not sure what she expected to come of that. I only know she was fired as a result. Her attendance issues were all ready mounting and that was the cherry on the cake.

Her position is open now but I'm not grabbing it. Here's why.

When she told my assistant manager that I "intimidated" everyone, he did a discreet follow up with the other members of apparel to see if that was the case. They all said that the worst thing they had to say about me was that I was a bit intense. In apparel, intense translates to, "Busts ass and doesn't hang around the fitting rooms texting, drinking coffee, and not giving a shit."

I have avoided talking with any of the apparel associates or the other department managers on a social level, preferring to focus entirely on zoning my department and helping the customers. Mind you, I have always been very professional in dealing with everyone. I don't scowl at them or give them a hard time. And recently, we did start talking semi-casually.

But one thing I did not hear from any of them is, "You know she was full of shit, right? We have no problem with you."

From that general silence I drew the conclusion that if I returned to apparel in any capacity, I would be opening myself up to more backstabbing. That would especially be the case if I joined the department manager team. It just isn't worth it.

I'm content where I am for now. It's just nice to see that if you wait long enough, eventually bullshit does walk.

Sounds like a good call. Plus if it's not broke don't fix it. Stay there.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
    X