Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't need no stinkin' task list...

S is our "team leader", and apparently is part of management. She's the supervisor who came from the front end where she's used to telling everyone what to do and when to do it....that's not how our grocery team works. The majority of us don't need to be babysat and resent being told what to do and how. (the key to our team is flexibility)

We had a "merching standards" meeting last week....essentially it consisted of S showing photos of "untidy" shelves and asking us what was wrong. We know all this stuff...the majority of what she was nitpicking either happened while someone was reorganizing something and happened to get pulled away for 30 seconds by an SC/CW, clearly a customer messed it up, or it was a result of a direct request from J to get stuff out of the warehouse which may have resulted in some products that we actually have filling in space from those that are OOS. S seems to prefer gaping holes on the shelves (that's why the shelf tags are removable, so we can shift them to reflect product on the shelf) as opposed to full shelves and stuff pushed out of the warehouse. 99% of customers probably don't care about the difference between spaghetti and spaghettini anyway...I can't even tell.

I'm not the only one annoyed by her antics; an informal poll says that 3/4 of the team doesn't like her particular brand of micromanaging.

Someone--probably A--has now "inspired" S to come up with and post a daily task list, to be initialed by whoever does it...A's predecessor tried that when we first opened and it lasted all of a month before our manager gave it a well-deserved burial.

I think what S is angling for is to see who's doing what they "should" be doing....the first iteration resulted in people quickly forgetting about the List and just initialing it so there would be an initial there. Sure, some of us are given specific tasks by J, but aside from that it's whoever gets to something first and typically one task=one person does not exist (save for donations, which only myself and R are ever allowed to do as we do it correctly).
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-24-2018, 01:45 AM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Sounds like you're in for the long haul. The supers I don't like have a funny tenancy of being there the longest.

And you can't use logic on them either; Pointing out that an extremely busy day means you could spend eight straight hours zoning an aisle and it will still look like the apocalypse.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

She'll just respond that doing what she wants is entirely possible -- after all, she doesn't have to do it herself!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yup. Her idea of stocking is building a cart--which may or may not consist of products we actually need on the floor--and getting someone else to do it. Usually me when she thinks I'm not doing anything.

When she is on the floor she's either doing one of my jobs (building displays) or ordering. The last few orders placed by her have been either partial or full duplicates and one was actually cancelled by the inventory manager because they noticed it was an exact duplicate of product we already have way too much of. And she complains about product expiring in the warehouse because it's not on the shelf --that's why it never sees the shelf because you order too much! Another thing that she fails to realize is that some days/times it gets SO busy that we literally cannot bring a cart onto the floor (we use the ULine "heavy duty" wire carts that have been overloaded for so long that they are physically coming apart and now have the turning radius of the Titanic)...there's no option other than to make a list and bring items out by hand. Especially if we're lightly staffed as a fully loaded cart cannot be safely handled by one person.
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-25-2018, 12:33 AM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X