This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two nuns go shopping...

Two nuns were shopping in a food store and happened to be passing the beer and liquor section.
    One asks the other if she would like a beer.
    The other Nun answered that would be good, but that she would be embarrassed about purchasing it.
    The first nun said that she would handle it and picked up a six pack and took it to the cashier.
    The cashier had a surprised look and the first nun said, "This is for washing our hair."
    The cashier without blinking an eye, reached under the counter and put a package of pretzel sticks in the bag with the beer saying, "Here, don't forget the curlers."
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

I dunno.
    It would be funny if nuns didn't wear veils to cover their hair.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
      It would be funny if nuns didn't wear veils to cover their hair.
      I think we already had this "nun" discussion. http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...362#post101362
      (Oh, yeah...and there are only a few orders of nuns who wear the traditional black and white habit anymore. Many of the nuns in my area do not wear a habit at all.)

Analyzing and explaining jokes causes them to lose their funniness, though, so it's probably best if we don't overthink it.
      Thanks for that. Nothing like a wet blanket to ruin a good funny.
      As I said, most of the nuns I know don't wear a veil, but even if they do, that's probably what makes the joke funny to me. DUH!!
      Last edited by Ree; 08-04-2007, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
        As I said, most of the nuns I know don't wear a veil, but even if they do, that's probably what makes the joke funny to me. DUH!!
        Really?
        What Church do they belong to?
        I'm Catholic, so I've only ever heard of veiled nuns.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Veiled nuns? Are they anything like Veiled metaphors? *hides*
          It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
          ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            I'm Catholic, so I've only ever heard of veiled nuns.
            I'm Catholic as well.

I was taught by the Sisters of Notre Dame. They stopped wearing the veil in the mid 70's, although some still do.

The Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul also do not wear veils, although they do have a choice as to whether they want to.

The Religious Hospitallers of St. Joseph do not wear veils either.

These orders are all in my area.

Comment

Working...
            X