Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...up to this point, I tried to keep the details of the person vague, but as I mentioned, people have obviously guessed it.

I blocked the person on FB after some annoying back and forth initiated by them and I tried to comment to their blog, but only team members are allowed to comment.

So, since I can't comment because I have been blocked from the FB page, can't message on FB since I blocked them, and can't comment on the blog, I am putting this here, because I know friends are reading and reporting back to the person.

In response to comments about tertiary hospitals, apparently, the condition is quite rare, and while there are tertiary hospitals available, there are not many that specialize in this particular condition.
    I did actually do some googling, even though I know I should just let it all go for my own health, but I found this.

Friend of this person, has this place been considered as an option? (I'm not exactly sure where the person lives, but I think this is near them.) If this was an option considered and dropped, possibly because of costs, or the person is already using this option, then I'm sorry for wasting time.

http://brochures.mater.org.au/Home/B...usion-syndrome

Could these places put you in touch with something to help?
    http://www.tttsfoundation.org/
    (From their site: info@tttsfoundation.org Click here if you have a diagnosis of TTTS and need to contact the Foundation for immediate support, updates or questions.)
    http://www.amba.org.au/

Any of these places:
    List of TTTS Treatment Centres
    AUSTRALIA
    Dr Mark Umstad
    Head of Multiple Pregnancy Clinic
    Royal Women's Hospital & Frances Perry House
    Grattan Street
    Carlton Vic 3053 Australia
    Phone: 03 9221 5044
    Fax: 03 9221 5244
    mark.umstad@maynegroup.com

Leanne Luck
    CNC High Risk Pregnancy
    Westmead Hospital Australia
    Phone: 9845 5555 Page no. 01728

Dr Neil Athayde
    Westmead Centre, Australia
    Phone: 9845 6802 or 9845 5555
    Fax: 9845 7793
    Neila@westgate.wh.usyd.edu.au

Dr Daniel Challis
    Royal Hospital for Women
    Randwick, Australia
    Phone: 9382 6098 or 9382 6111
    Fax: 9382 6706
    Dan@challis.com.au

Dr John Smoleniec
    Liverpool Hospital, Australia
    Phone: 98285631 98285679
    Fax: 98285672 / 98285570
    John.Smoleniec@swsahs.nsw.gov.au

Dr Jan Dickinson & Dr Craig Pennel
    King Edward Memorial Hospital
    Perth 374 Bagot Road,
    Subiaco Australia WA6008
    Contact Karen Reid
    Clinical Midwife Consultant
    Phone:61893402705
    karen.reid@health.wa.gov.au

Robert Cincotta
    Director, Maternal Fetal Medicine
    Mater Mothers' Hospital
    South Brisbane
    Queensland, Australia
    Phone: 07 3840 8111 (pager 346)
    Fax: 07 3840 1949

Robert_Cincotta@mater.org.au
    Barbara Soong
    Clinical Midwife Consultant
    Phone: 07 3840 8111 (pager 894)
    Fax: 07 3840 1890
    b_soong@mater.org.au

Professor Nicholas Fisk, Dr Carol Portmann & Dr Greg Duncombe
    Centre for Advanced Prenatal Care
    Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital
    Brisbane, Queensland 4029
    n.fisk@uq.edu.au or carol_portmann@health.qld.gov.au
    http://www.uqccr.uq.edu.au/
    Phone:07 3636 4467
    Fax: 073636 7798

Westmead Hospital (Two of the doctors on the list provided at the TTTS Foundation website's list of services are on staff here, and it is a tertiary hospital)
    Community Health Facilities
    http://www.wslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/Hospitals/Hospitals
    Last edited by Ree; 06-29-2013, 03:13 PM.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Other Ozzies: Tertiary hospitals are covered under the medical care there, yes?
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
        I think you just summed up how I feel about this website in a nutshell. I have never seen such a wonderful community before on a website. Even though it's geared to those who work in customer service, anyone and everyone is welcome so long as the rules are followed. Some as young as me, 17 and 18 years old to people who even have grandchildren. That amazes me.
        Ditto ^_^

As I've said before, this is one of the most "civil" message boards I've been to, and unquestionably the friendliest, to newcomers and vets alike.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Rule #1 of the Internet. All women are 40 year old fat guys.

No hospital needed :P

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
            Rule #1 of the Internet. All women are 40 year old fat guys.

No hospital needed :P
            I'm sure TTO (aka my husband) will be interested to hear that
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post

I'm sure TTO (aka my husband) will be interested to hear that
              Hey, I don't judge :P

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                Rule #1 of the Internet. All women are 40 year old fat
                Rule #2: All children are FBI agents.

Amirite?
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Amirite?
                  You may not know it, but this ma'am's a spy...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Amirite?
                    You know too much...
                    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Rule #3

If it exists. Someone on the Internet has made sweet love to it

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        Other Ozzies: Tertiary hospitals are covered under the medical care there, yes?
                        To be fair, we don't actually have specific tertiary or teaching hospitals in Australia. What we do have is public hospitals (in which student doctors train). Excellent ones where it's possible to have treatment, in particular bed rest, for free. But perhaps this person's doctor hasn't recommended this, I'm not sure.

And Ree, your list is fabulous, but sadly some of locations are outside of NSW, where she said she lived, and with money apparently being so tight, I can see why she wouldn't want to travel there. Still, perhaps she could contact Westmead or the Royal Women's and explain her financial situation to someone there. They might have some options for her.
                        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

That's why I linked to the TTTS Foundation page.

They have access to centres all over the world, and that was where I got the list of all Australian services available. Because I wasn't sure of the location, I figured they could decide for themselves which was closer or more suitable.

Also, I'm not sure, but it seems that the foundation may also help to find funding for those who need it, as that is why they exist.
                          The Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome Foundation is the first and only international nonprofit organization solely dedicated to providing immediate and lifesaving educational, emotional and financial support to families, medical professionals and other caregivers before, during and after a diagnosis of twin to twin transfusion syndrome. We are dedicated to saving the babies, improving their future health and care, providing NICU, special needs and bereavement support, furthering medical research and keeping families together the way twins are meant to be.
                          The founder had this syndrome, so she has dedicated her life to helping those with the syndrome.
                          Last edited by Ree; 06-29-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Ree, I don't know what all this person said to you, but the fact that you're giving these links out really says something good about you. I really hope the person gets help, for all of our sakes, especially for her and her baby.
                            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Ree, Raps and everyone else involved in this mess have been fabulous, and the person at the centre of it all needs to grow up and realise that acting in the way she is is as sucky (if not more so) as the people she has complained about here. She broke the rules (a point that is intriguingly NEVER mentioned on her blog amid all her complaints) and couldn't deal. Wah, wah, wah.
                              Last edited by KatherineB; 06-29-2013, 10:27 PM.
                              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                                Ree, I don't know what all this person said to you, but the fact that you're giving these links out really says something good about you.
                                I really do care about what happens to this baby.

For me, as I said all along, this thread has been about setting the record straight as far as the behaviour of the mods and admin of CS.

I have always felt very badly about what she was going through, but the fact is, we can't start allowing people to make direct financial requests from the members.

On a site this big with so many members, some who have been with us for years, where do we start to draw the line?
                                Everybody is going to have problems at one time or another, and most people who work in customer service are going to experience some kind of financial hardship at some point.
                                If we don't set a standard, it could quite easily become a complete free-for-all of panhandling.

It was because of the extreme situation that we allowed a slight exception in this case, and all we asked was to abide by the same rules that we would expect from everyone else.
                                That did not happen, sadly, so we had to take the unpleasant step of applying consequences.

That did not go over well, and, well, as you can see, it all spiralled out of control.

Comment

Working...
                                X