X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language translation

Hey y'all,

I just purchased the entire run of Keroro Gunso (the manga, not the show) on disk from a Japanese etailer. Received the disk and all the pages of each e-book are in Japanese. Does anyone know of a software that can pick words-text out of images and translate them?

Quoth Jack Doe View Post
    Hey y'all,

I just purchased the entire run of Keroro Gunso (the manga, not the show) on disk from a Japanese etailer. Received the disk and all the pages of each e-book are in Japanese. Does anyone know of a software that can pick words-text out of images and translate them?
    You're actually asking for two different programs (though there may be a suite/package that combines them for all I know)
    1. Optical Character Reader (OCR) Software that recognizes letters/words in images
    2. Translation software from Japanese to English

I'm not familiar with any japanese OCR libraries/programs, but I do know from other excursions on the web that Japanese -> English translation software is hard to come by and usually comes out pretty mangled. Something like Babblefish just isn't as efficient with Kanji as it is with latin-based alphabets.

There are communities on the web that translate comic books and/or manga into other languages though. They'd probably know more.
    Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

What wildkard said. You might check out One Manga or Manga Fox to see if someone has translated those yet. I know of at least one more, but I can't remember the name right now.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
      X