This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of Dealing with Volunteer Work

A certain committee I work with is finally looking at getting their web site maintained, and possibly redesigned, professionally, rather than just having it done by volunteers. I'm not on the committee myself, but I work with them, and have been wrangled into offered to look into pricing for such things.

I know we have some folks here that do such things for a living, so I'm looking for info on where I should look. There is a website and domain name already in place, but I understand the current fellow working on it has found the code to be a mess, so it may need to be redone. Updates would be slow most of the year, picking up as the major event the committee organizes approaches, and slightly after for post event pics/announcements.

I'm interested in companies to look at that have good reputations, and what kind of prices I should be looking for. Web design has never really been my thing, so I'm at a bit of a loss on where to get started.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

It'd be good if you decide beforehand wether you need a complete rewrite or a modification. In either case find out what language and database technologies you're using to be able to find the correct company.
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Alright, the committee has finally decided to just have the whole site redone. Anyone know a professional web developer who would like to talk about the project? They're looking towards forums, picture hosting, and blogs being important parts of the website. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss it in private, as it looks like I've been promoted to main contact for this project.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I would say go look at freelancer sites, some times they place the price of the bids and the descriptions of the jobs on their site for public to see. That way you get an idea on prices other people are charging. If you want I can give you a quote and some samples. I will PM you some links I have done.

Comment

I can give it a try, I've done nothing like it in the past, but want to self-learn PHP
          Otaku

Comment

Working...
          X