Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubt anyone can help me; still, computer experts click here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt anyone can help me; still, computer experts click here.

I don't know if this is cuz I recently installed the Malwarebytes software, but ever since I did, some images are showing up as red x's. For example, I can't see the banner on this forum, and I can't see my Gaia avatar. It's not only extremely irriting, as I can't update the avatar, it's also baffling as I haven't got any idea on how to fix it, other than deleting Malwarebytes from my computer, which I don't want to be forced to do. But I can't see any other option. What else could be blocking the images? Can someone please help me on this?

Example: http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5629/ex2cx6.png

By the way, it's far too late tonight to ring the shop and ask them, so please don't bother posting "How about ringing the shop?" I intend to do so tomorrow, that is if no-one can help me out.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

i have never used the program but it looks like the address to the avatars is being blocked, it probley things its a add of some sort.
    might be in the hosts file.
    whos location changes from 1 version of windows to the next.
    see if the program has a black / white list and see if the site is in there.

Comment

I agree with Forgreatjustice. The program is most likely blocking the images, thinking it's ads. Gaia Online runs pretty heavy on ads, so that's a logical explanation.

If you can locate the list of blocked sites, look for the one from the site you are trying to access and remove it from the list.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Alternatively, if malware was detected on your computer, and specifically in your browser files (keeping in mind that Internet Explorer is 'integrated' with the OS so it's files tend to be all over the place) and deleted, then it might even be missing the dlls and information necessary to show specific image types properly. A reinstallation of the web browser would probably fix that.

Also in the same case, if system/IE files were detected with malware... it might not be a bad idea to run the windows repair utility
        Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

99.9% certain that it's blocking images based on size, name, or path, and that disabling any privacy or adblocking features will solve the issue. Never used any Malwarebytes software though.

Is this the one? http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html

Grabbed it, but without paying for it I can't even see the protection module's settings. The rest of the free version's modules didn't look to have anything capable of causing this.
          Last edited by otakuneko; 10-18-2008, 05:43 PM.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

It may be a feature of the Malwarebytes software. I'd suggest posting to their support forums here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/

and see if there is a way to fix it.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
            X