Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking the series of wheel of time in general. so yeah.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      Book: A young boy befriends a beacon of death and slowly surcombs to his own death.
      Death Note?
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Every time i check this game there is never a blurb. Just people guessing at the last one.
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

To get this started again here is a description of a book that has not been made into a movie.

A young man from a farming world joins a small group in conflict with a powerful galatic empire ruled by a shadowy warlord with powers of mind control.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

WHY IS THERE A BOOK THAT HAS THE SAME PLOT AS STAR WARS?! that isn't star wars. WHY?!

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
              WHY IS THERE A BOOK THAT HAS THE SAME PLOT AS STAR WARS?! that isn't star wars. WHY?!
              Because a famous writer wrote it long before Star Wars was written.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                My child, as a great writer said: (rephrased)

Being a writer is to file off the serial numbers and repaint an old story. (R.A. Heinlein)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  A young man from a farming world joins a small group in conflict with a powerful galatic empire ruled by a shadowy warlord with powers of mind control.
                  I sensing a serious lack of science fiction fans around here. Or is it a lack of serious science fiction fans?

Shall I post the answer or wait a bit more?

Comment

I fully admit to getting most of my SciFi from visual means. Though I am taking an English Course about SciFi to get better into it.

Comment

I wish I had English course about SciFi when I was in college. Oh well. I would think that any English course on SciFi would at least mention, if not feature, the answer to this one.

Comment

It's only a one semester class and most of the stuff we are doing are short stories. I could give you my book list if you want, but I doubt the novel we are searching for is among them.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          The answer is Foundation by Isaac Asimov, which along with Foundation and Empire and Second Foundation form the Foundation Trilogy. It is featured in this comic.

Just like the "increasing misnamed Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Triology," The Foundation Trilogy became the Foundation Series with the addition of several other related novels over the years.

Let's try for a movie: A young musically inclined camp follower wants to become a soldier, and ends up dying when he saves the army from certain destruction.

Comment

Working...
                          X