This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth OneMoreTime View Post
    What's a DNR? Do Not Register? I'm sure it doesn't stand for Do Not Resuscitate or Department of Natural Resources.
    In hotel context, it's Do Not Rent.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
      I transform into She hulk and throw over a table. Seriously, doesn't she know sold out mean sold out?!!?!??
      I live in an area where being sold out on the weekends (and for a lot of us, during the week as well) is a way of life. Thankfully, we hotel workers know what it means to be sold out, but I wish I could say the same for those morons passing through who didn't think to make a reservation before setting out.

I'm looking at you, Loyalty Program members. Especially you, Brass and Cubic Zirconium members.

A typical exchange goes like this:

Me: No, I'm sorry we don't have any rooms we're sold out.

Brass/Cubic Zirconium Member: Not even for a Brass member?

Me: No, I'm afraid we're completely full.

Then they get this look on their face as though they're lost in the woods with only the light of their cell phone to guide them to safety fifty miles away. Why would your Loyalty Program status mean the first damn thing to me? Full means full. It means that every pillow has a head on it, every toilet has a but on it. F-U-L-L. Full. Sold out. No rooms. No room for you. Keep driving.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        In hotel context, it's Do Not Rent.
        Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
          Me: No, I'm sorry we don't have any rooms we're sold out.

Brass/Cubic Zirconium Member: Not even for a Brass member?

Me: No, I'm afraid we're completely full.

Then they get this look on their face as though they're lost in the woods with only the light of their cell phone to guide them to safety fifty miles away. Why would your Loyalty Program status mean the first damn thing to me? Full means full.
          I think I know how corporate will "solve" this problem. I've heard about CZ members being able to "bump" other reservations when they go to make a reservation - it's a simple step to expand this perk to walk-ins, "bumping" a reservation that hasn't checked in yet for the same night (and is naturally going to result in a pissed-off customer who arrives and finds that their reservation has been canceled). That's not enough? An "unwritten rule" to generate some sort of complaint against a random guest in order to get them evicted (no refund, naturally), freeing up a room for the CZ member.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X