This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My uncle Dickbag

Right, so one of my uncles cut some trees down on his property and decided to sell the wood via a Facebook post. $35 for the entire lot.

A guy posted that he would be by in a couple days to buy and pick up the wood. Uncle thought the guy's profile picture looked sketchy and thought his name sounded fake.

A second guy posted he would stop by right away, and did. He hauled away three truckloads of wood for the $35. He said he planned to use it at his campsite in a county park (important because of rules regarding pests that can be transferred from place to place via firewood).

Uncle posted on Facebook that the wood had been sold.

First guy responded with "Thanks a lot, dickbag."

So now Dickbag is his new nickname.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I'm sure if he checks out the Craigslist personals, he can find someone willing to give him wood for $35.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Hey, the rules of all internet sales are that the first person to arrive with the cash in hand gets the goods. It sucks, but there was no contract to sell to the first guy. Considering how many people will bail on an arrangement to meet, I don't hold things for anyone.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        Hey, the rules of all internet sales are that the first person to arrive with the cash in hand gets the goods. It sucks, but there was no contract to sell to the first guy. Considering how many people will bail on an arrangement to meet, I don't hold things for anyone.
        I don't even have to post online to Craigslist or FB . . . all I have to do is leave out whatever we're done with on the hill along the backyard that runs along the side road and it'll be empty by the end of the day.

I'll even have someone come up in the back yard (if I'm out on the deck) and ask if they can have *whatever is out there* and I'll just tell them to help themselves - free.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          I'm sure if he checks out the Craigslist personals, he can find someone willing to give him wood for $35.
          Why pay...when you can download all you want for free?
          What?
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Why pay...when you can download all you want for free?
            What?
            *Gibbs-smacks Protege*

That's MY line!

Remember what the Internet is for, Ya'll.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              A guy posted that he would be by in a couple days to buy and pick up the wood.
              Couple days, my ass. He was planning an 00 dark 30 discount.
              Meeeeoooow.....
              Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Working...
              X