This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McMunchies

McDonald's again. I was jonesing for a Shamrock Shake. (Because just making one is such a chore.) Three people came in behind me, bellied up to the register next to me, and - well, it's hard to say what reached my perception centers first: the ringleader demanding FIFTEEN McDoubles, or the persistent and pungent miasma of recreational narcotics.

You know, the last time I indulged, I just stayed home and watched the walls melt; I didn't actively go out in public endeavoring to perpetuate a stereotype. One of them actually got the giggles to go with his munchies - those high-pitched, resin-soaked giggles that only seem to come out of people on precarious amounts of pot. I sincerely hoped none of them had been driving.

Maybe there were wacky misadventures on their way to the McDonald's, and somebody will make a stoner comedy out of them. Or maybe they were hoping there'd be wacky misadventures. It did seem a bit early in the day for either weed or wacky hijinks.

The smell of that stuff gags me. I'd have had to leave. Yuck.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      The smell of that stuff gags me. I'd have had to leave. Yuck.
      I'd had to leave too - mari-wowie gives me a headache.

As a side note, I hate needles and have to force myself just to take the prescribed pills my doctor gives me - so I think I'd have made a terrible drug addict.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I sometimes smell it on customers at my work, too. There are varieties which I think smell okay, and some which smell like skunk. I honestly have more issues with cigarette smoke than pot, but for some random reason I think cigar (and campfire/wood burning stove) smoke is nice. I have a weird sense of smell.

And regarding the stereotype, I get SO tired of these. Just act like people and not clones! Yeah, I get that you're young and shopping with your sorority sisters (or cheer squad, etc) but do you really need to be that way? Saying "like" every other word, staying glued to your phone, sipping your skinny hazelnut macchiato with a straw... They tend to almost outright ignore me, or give that amused superior look. It's the girl version of the "Bro."
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          ... girl version of the "Bro."
          I see. "Oh Ho."
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            I sometimes smell it on customers at my work, too. There are varieties which I think smell okay, and some which smell like skunk. I honestly have more issues with cigarette smoke than pot, but for some random reason I think cigar (and campfire/wood burning stove) smoke is nice. I have a weird sense of smell.
            There's a house around the corner from us where we believe at least one or two of the occupants get into the green stuff a fair bit. My partner is able to identify it based on smell because he had to practice identifying it as part of his security training (he actually has completed the certification, but didn't pay for the license. He now funnily enough wants to work in IT security ). Ever since then I've always noticed that the house smells very heavily of incense whenever I walk past it (it's on the way to the shops and the train station)

Which of course has made me guilty when I go to burn the stuff as we suspect our landlord lives in the complex and don't want to make him suspicious!
            (To further clarify, there's a massive townhouse and a "midget townhouse" on the property. The townhouse has been divided up into four small units while the "midget townhouse" has two rooms, one on each floor (plus a bathroom under the stairs). We live in the midget townhouse. Our landlord I believe lives in the section of the townhouse that somewhat directly faces us and the apartment below him has an Indian family living there. The other occupants of the other two apartments we've never seen.)

Getting back to the "I like smokey smells" I have no issue with campfire smoke and think it smells nice...plus I've had medieval food cooked over it. (Mmm...beef and stout[beer] stew)
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Reminds me of the guy who came into the petrol station one night, stoned up to the eyeballs and buying about four bags of crisps. XD No, he wasn't driving; he was walking. Damn near walked in front of a car, too. O_o
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                My partner is able to identify it based on smell because he had to practice identifying it as part of his security training
                I can ID it by smell because I used to sling pizzas for a living. Most customers who partake in the stuff don't think to open a window to get the characteristic aroma of rotting sweat socks out of the air before calling us
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  I can ID it by smell because I used to sling pizzas for a living. Most customers who partake in the stuff don't think to open a window to get the characteristic aroma of rotting sweat socks out of the air before calling us
                  You would think that working the closing shift in a supermarket meant I could identify the smell of Mary Jane, but nope.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It smells like mustard to me...
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Smells like the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk to me.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

It's interesting to see what you all think it smells like. To me, it smells exactly the way the word "dank" sounds but in a "good" kinda way. I mean. Usually. I once had the misfortune of coming across a LIVE plant and it smelled like dirty gym socks. Usually the stuff in baggies actually sort of smells like tangy christmas trees.

Gosh, I haven't smoked in AGES (years???????) but I can smell it from a mile away and I usually just grin creepily at people and they get paranoid and leave.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          Smells like the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk to me.
                          You wouldn't happen to be the AVGN, would you?

Comment

Live in Colorado so I have now been exposed to it for the first time in my life (I don't run with people who are into that kind of thing...nothing against use in moderation now that it's legal, but I do believe in following laws and don't really like being around people with chemical-compromised brains). Someone has apparently been toking up in the hallway (which is not allowed under smoking policies...but who follows rules if they can't throw you in jail, right?) It does smell like gym socks. Which is odd because burned hemp smells sweet.
                            Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 04-10-2015, 03:22 AM.
                            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              I smelled it in the ladies' room in HS (had to visit during lunch period and the ones in the building I usually went to were closed for classes). I went back to class and had a headache for the rest of the day. To me it smelled rather strong, pungent and musty.

When I got home and tried to explain the smell to my Mom, she said it sounded to her like it was pot.

Flash forward a few years after Mom had married her 3rd (and last) ex hubby. His younger brother (only 6 months older than my brother) snuck some into the house and lit up in my office (had temporarily cleared it out so he could have a place to stay on weekends to get away from his grandparents, but that's another topic for another thread.)

Started smelling that crap and my head started hurting . . . went and got Mom out of bed and told her what I was smelling. One Come To Jesus meeting later, he was taking that stuff and smoking it elsewhere and I didn't have to worry about smelling that junk in my house.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X