Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

A different kind of extreme couponing
Old 05-18-2019, 02:03 AM
Front End Supervisor

Default A different kind of extreme couponing

Customer: I have a coupon for five <snacks> for $5. I only want one right now. I'll get the rest later.

Employee: What do you mean by later?

Customer: I'll just get one now, then you can write on my coupon that I still get four more.

Employee: I'm sorry, but to use the coupon, you'll need to buy all five at once.

Customer: But I only need one, and it says I can use it up to five times!

Employee: I'm sorry, but it actually says you can use the same coupon for five sets of five snacks, up to 25 in your order.

Customer: Well, that's pretty ridiculous. Who would want 25 snacks at once? I'll just have one. How much is that?

Employee: $1.50 plus tax, ma'am.

Customer: Do you have a senior discount?

Employee: We offer 50 cent fountain drinks to seniors.

Customer: I don't want a drink. Can't you just take 50 cents off my total?

Employee: I'm sorry, I'm afraid we can't do that.

Customer: Well... okay. You drive a hard bargain.

Employee: Your total is <total>, and I'll see you at the window. Thank you!

Me, to Employee: What is your secret to staying sane? Meditation? Medication? I need to try it.

Thankfully, I was making the food and not serving it this day, so I didn't have to deal with the customer face to face. I only heard the exchange through the drive-through speaker.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:51 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth CarcinogenCrunchies View Post
Customer: Well, that's pretty ridiculous. Who would want 25 snacks at once?
Oh, I dunno. Hungry people? People with friends who they haven't driven away by being ANNOYING?!

Old 05-20-2019, 11:43 PM
Till/horse trainer/instructor

Quote:
Quoth Valentinian View Post
Oh, I dunno. Hungry people? People with friends who they haven't driven away by being ANNOYING?!
People who have spawned children. People who know that a chocolate bar isn’t going to go bad overnight and will happily stock up. People with a sweet tooth? Sugar addicts? Maybe to give as a food donation... there’s plenty of reasons.

Snacks
Old 05-21-2019, 08:14 AM
Area Manager

Default Snacks

Quote:
Quoth Valentinian View Post
Vending machine have a best before date. It is long, but a friend of mine worked for a large vending machine company so it was normal to clear out the older/non-selling snacks. Often, items were not that old but the vending machine was where some products were not what people there want.

When the role-playing group had a meeting, there he would be with an armful of snacks. I assure you that 10 teenagers and early twenty year-olds doing a long weekend role-play session (Traveler) can go thru a lot of snacks. 25-1 coupons would find us doing separate visits to get a good supply.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:42 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Heh. When my college choir sold candy as a fundraiser, I was able to meet most of my sales target by bringing said candy to my weekly D&D group...