This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay what you want...

I did a quick search and didn't see this posted, so, here goes...

A Panera restaurant is operating on the honour system and allowing customers to pay what they want.

A very interesting experiment in human nature.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

...I think my brain just broke.

Comment

It's the logical next step from honour-system payment with posted prices. They're probably making more money than they would if they had posted prices. I can only read the description, not watch the video. Do they offer change for the customers? (City Cafe and Bakery here started doing that eventually, they're still doing quite well).

Comment

I just saw that story.

Im in shock. I really hope people will do the right thing. The one video i saw said someone got $40 in food and paid just a couple dollars via credit card....but then a guy pays $10 for a single loaf of bread.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          I just saw that story.

Im in shock. I really hope people will do the right thing. The one video i saw said someone got $40 in food and paid just a couple dollars via credit card....but then a guy pays $10 for a single loaf of bread.
          Yeah, I'm sure they have some dishonest people who do things like that but there was also the man who came in with his 4 kids and was really in need - they got a meal for free.

A few people mentioned that they paid extra (even not asking for change is a help).

I'd over pay at a place like that.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

{Cynical Me}Wait until the SCs and the EWs find this place after they're done ripping off the nearby HellMart{/Cynical Me}
            Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              Yeah, I'm sure they have some dishonest people who do things like that but there was also the man who came in with his 4 kids and was really in need - they got a meal for free.
              I saw that too. Wonderful to hear that, I think.

I remember when they announced this a few months ago. I'm glad to see it's still going strong.

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

i honestly don't think it will work
                but i'm glad the family that needed a meal was able to afford one.

Comment

Working...
                X