This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not?

So out of the blue I get a hit on a job app I put in last year as a lark.
    GS5 security guard position at a near by Army Base. With locality pay it's about 37k a year. You have to be a vet, get drug tests, get a Secret clearance, and be able to be issued and qual with a firearm so check, check and check.
    My business is not going to turn a profit this year and though I'm getting by but it's tight and the wife is going gray over it. Plus it's a repair depot and I've tried to get in there on and off for 8 years now. At least I can apply internally for a repair tech job I'd rather do. (guns were a hobby, I fixed radar jammers and warning receivers along with other secret squirrel things in the Navy)
    But this might put a large crimp in my Scout time. My 2004 truck will turn 200k soon and I'd love a newer burb. So I said yes.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 05-11-2017, 10:44 AM.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Crossing my fingers for you, Man. ^_^ I wish you well!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Good thing is I can still do the FFL in my off days.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

It's all fun and games till someone gets tazed and pepper sprayed.

It just occurred to me the SOP for carrying these if to have to be hit with them first.

Glad they don't have the same policy for my firearm qual.
        AkaiKitsune

Comment

Once again it could be raining pussy and I'd be hit with a dick.

I'm rated t 80% due to my legs, doc was some concerned at the med check, but said he call me before he put anything down that was bad and I'm good to go.

Fuck me now 4 weeks later I get a email they pulled the offer because I failed the med check I can't stand for prolonged times.

I hate doctors!
          AkaiKitsune

Comment

Well dang! I was so hoping that this would work out for you. It sounded perfect.

However, you wouldn't be standing for 8 hours straight. Why did that darned doctor not know that full time employees get breaks every 2 hours?

Comment

Working...
            X