Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have some victims...er willing volunteers for another project?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have some victims...er willing volunteers for another project?

Hoping you lovely people will be able to help with a project I have started for my evening classes.

For my World Civilization and Culture classes,we are currently studying cultural association.This is where a country or area will automatically produce images that your mind links with it-so for instance when someone tells you they are from New York City or Nevada or the Deep South,there are certain things that come to mind.

I would be very pleased if you could dig out any pictures from your family album that represent your city,state or province-anything from places(for example I live in Arizona.Here's the Grand Canyon) to costumes(here I am in my Packers replica kit) to events(here's us all tucking into pumpkin and watermelon at our church barbeque).

Anyone who can help will be most welcome.

*If your province if Nunavut,please for all that is holy do not send in pictures of you in your stunning pink camo hat.No-one wants to see that
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    I would be very pleased if you could dig out any pictures from your family album that represent your city,state or province-anything from places.

Anyone who can help will be most welcome.
    Here are a couple of web site that have pictures the represent my home town.

Arlington House

The Pentagon

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    *If your province if Nunavut,please for all that is holy do not send in pictures of you in your stunning pink camo hat.No-one wants to see that
    Better the pink-camo hat rather than some other articles of pink-camo clothing that have been mentioned here in the past. Except maybe the pink-camo unmentionables (which have been mentioned).
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I take it the photos don't actually have to be from our family albums ... ?

And I'm not in Nunavut, so there will no pink camo hats.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Oh fun =)
        Home for me has always brought memories of summers split between my grandparents house in Canada and my parents summer house in southern tier western NY - and a favorite place to go have fun was Letchworth State Park, the 'Grand Canyon of the East' and foodwise, beef on weck ...
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X