Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can kind of see what was happening, skeptic53. They weren't really thinking about the logistics of the journey, just thinking they had an excuse to not "waste time" going to the office if they could avoid it.

Today was the last day on the front line, I get to go back to my nice safe cube for the next 4 months.

Of course, this couldn't end quietly. About 4 pm, a rather large middle aged male stormed up to the counter and threw his EBT card at me (hit me in my sweater covered left chest bump) and screamed "YOU F***ED UP MY EBT AND YOU ARE GOING TO F***ING FIX IT NOW, B**CH!!!!"

I looked calmly back (not so calm in the inside, when he threw the card, I had grabbed my cane on the shaft in case I needed to beat him with it) at him and said "No, I am not. You cannot come up to me swearing and throwing things at me. That's assault on a government official and is a felony. You will leave now, or that nice man (points at the armed security guard) will detain you until the police arrive."

The dumbass left his card as he was running out the door. I actually wouldn't have done anything else but look up his case and mock him, but the very upset and protective guard called the police and I ended up doing alllll the paperwork that comes with something like that.

As to mocking him, his card was still active. There wasn't anything on it because he didn't renew in January. He is also banned from ever coming back to our office and my sup had the police to start a restraining order process so he can't go to any office I might be at.

I was never afraid of him, I was fully prepared to beat him unconscious if he got in cane reach. I was worried because I was wearing my new white, cream and tan turtleneck sweater and didn't really want to ruin it with blood splatter. And as a jaded government drone, I really did not want to do the paperwork that half killing someone would involve.
    Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 03-01-2019, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      I was never afraid of him, I was fully prepared to beat him unconscious if he got in cane reach.
      You're allowed to beat a customer unconscious? Cool. </Garth>

Comment

There's forms for that. Oddly enough, there's less paperwork in some positions if the other guy never gets back up.
        Still, getting blood out of that sweater wouldn't be worth beating him, even without the paperwork.

Poor idiot only thinks he's having troubles now. Having to go to an office that she does not *EVER* visit is going to be a right bitch.

Comment

That sounds like a very nice sweater, SttP, I'm glad you didn't have to ruin it with that idiot's hypothetical brain matter substitute. I hope whoever informs him of his banned status also tells him that he was the stupid twerp who f***ed up his own EBT.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

We used to get idiots like this at the newspaper, too. Every time we had a really heavy snow and the paper was late, the phone lines would be inundated with people demanding to know where their paper was, why it was late, blah blah blah. When told it was late due to the weather, they'd bitch because somehow those trucks should have been able to get to their destinations despite Snowpocalypse happening outside.
            "You are absolutely right, sir/madam and I do apologize for the delay. Why don't you drive to our office and pick up a copy, free, as a goodwill gesture?"

You could've started a pool to see how many people actually took advantage of this ...
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

And a side pool for how many of those idjits manage to wreck themselves over "Ooo, something free!"

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                There's forms for that. Oddly enough, there's less paperwork in some positions if the other guy never gets back up.
                Still, getting blood out of that sweater wouldn't be worth beating him, even without the paperwork.

Poor idiot only thinks he's having troubles now. Having to go to an office that she does not *EVER* visit is going to be a right bitch.
                There are so many forms that just finding the right form is a headache. Lets see, this one is for physical contact initiated by the client, no...this one is for physical contact initiated by the worker, no...this one is for throwing furniture etc. at me, no...this one is for throwing furniture etc. around the office, no...

The dumbass is pretty much effectively banned from going into any office in our region for the next 38 weeks, which means he will have to go to Phoenix or farther until I retire. (In 38 weeks, not that I am counting or anything.) If he acts up in another office, he will be banned from entering ANY physical office and will have to do everything by phone/electronically.

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                And a side pool for how many of those idjits manage to wreck themselves over "Ooo, something free!"
                That is such a sucker bet! When it comes to free stuff, some people turn into mindless beasts.

Comment

...That is such a sucker bet! When it comes to free stuff, some people turn into mindless beasts.
                  This contest brought to you by Darwin, Inc.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                    "You are absolutely right, sir/madam and I do apologize for the delay. Why don't you drive to our office and pick up a copy, free, as a goodwill gesture?"

You could've started a pool to see how many people actually took advantage of this ...
                    Then start another pool for the number of "YOU WRECKED MY CAR AND YOU ARE GONNA PAY FOR IT" phone calls you get.
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

There's a little 😇 and a 😈 having a fight here between 'ow.thats horrible getting whacked in the chest.poor girl 😢' and 'mmm.sweater covered chest bump😎'...
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

SC: WHY WASN'T SOMEONE HERE!!! HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY CLOSE BECAUSE OF A LITTLE SNOW? I WAS THINKING ABOUT COMING IN ON FRIDAY AND NOW YOU ARE SAYING YOU WOULD HAVE WASTED MY TIME/GAS/RISKED MY LIFE FOR NOTHING!!!
                        Me: hands over a piece of paper with the Governor's name, mailing address and phone number. This is the person who closed the offices, you could contact him if you want.
                        SC: Oh, no, I don't want to be a bother, I just want to turn this in.
                        Yep, that's the SC's favorite new trick.

SC: BITCHETY-BITCH SCREAM HOLLER YOU SUCK AND RUINED MY LIFE SNARL SHRIEK I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW PISS MOAN SCREECH
                        Rep: Let me call up a manager.
                        SC: Oh, no, I don't want to be a bother.

Oh, and screaming your head off at the Rep isn't being a bother?! The logical disconnect is mind-boggling.

(Yes, I know they do that because they don't want to actually talk to someone who can solve the problem, they just want to bully some poor schnook who isn't allowed to fight back. Disgusting.)
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

AMAZING UPDATE!!!

Today, I had a customer who was really upset at her last worker and was whining and complaining at me about it. (Yes, the last worker did make mistakes, which I fixed, AND the last worker was from a different office and was notorious for bad work, but nothing will change unless that worker's supervisor knows about it.) After I finished her case, which took longer than it should, she started complaining to me about her last worker yet again. I told her I couldn't do anything about the last worker, but if she talked to my supervisor, that could make a difference.

She actually agreed and talked to my supervisor in a very calm and rational manner about her past experience.

I honestly have never seen anyone agree to take the time to complain to the right person/place before. It was amazing!

(And slightly uncomfortable, because when we ask a sup to go talk to someone, we are supposed to go with them. By the time I had finished reworking the SC's case, she had gone from SC to BFF.)

Comment

Working...
                          X