Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth mjr View Post
    Why do some people get tattoos where they can't see them, but only others can? Like on their back, back of the neck, etc?
    The back is an excellent canvas, and it's where you can put the big, flashy designs that would either be too small to see properly or just scrunch up strangely elsewhere.

My late stepdad, for instance, had a woman and Chinese dragon covering his whole back. Putting it on his front would have looked very strange every time he bent over, whereas it looked wonderful on his back.

If I ever had the money, courage, and a job that didn't ban visible tattoos in the staff handbook I would get a very detailed owl with its wings spread across the back of my shoulders, with the head finishing at around the nape of my neck. Given how busty I am this would be impossible on my front, and wouldn't have the detail I'd like on my arms or legs.

Memorial tattoos, the ones you're most likely to want to be able to look at yourself, tend to be on the arms or over the heart (although a friend had her late mother's rosary tattooed around her ankle with the crucifix draped over the arch of her foot, which looks awesome).

People get tattoos for a lot of reasons; as a reminder of events/people in their lives, as artistic self-expression, to feel a part of something larger than themselves (in the case of branded tattoos) or simply on a drunken whim. Back tattoos are most likely to end up in the 2nd category.

Sorry for the lecture, but between my late stepdad, my late mum's biker friends and my own years in Goth culture I have a bit of an interest in the history behind and reasons why people get tattoos.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• If you're that busty you could have two very detailed owls done!

From an old thread I found linking to a lovely comic strip asking what the worst thing to say during sex was...
      may I humbly nominate:

I'll get Mummy to tuck you in now sweetie,you've got to be up early for school tomorrow morning

One ticket. Hell. First class please
      Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 03-11-2019, 05:32 PM. Reason: Putting both me posts together
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I don't believe in fate. I do not believe that another door opens. I believe you have to go out and freaking open the door yourself. Saying it was meant to happen and something better will come along is hugely insulting in many situations. This isn't about anything particular happening in my life, I've just been seeing it pop up around and I get irked. Irked I tell you!
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• So far this birthday week I have seen my extended family, been to the St. Louis Science Center, Zoo and the Gateway Arch, stayed in a hotel where somebody else washed the towels and made breakfast, and got to hang with my BFF and watch live wrestling. Pretty damn good and it's not even my birthday yet!
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I am so glad that I bought Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn when I did. It's so adorable!

Comment

• I have a low-end quadcopter. Over the weekend, I went up to the park near my house. There are tennis courts there.

I wanted to practice flying my quadcopter since I don't get to do it that often.

Unfortunately, the tennis courts are relatively close to the street. And since I haven't quite gotten the controls down yet, it was flying away from me, and I was trying to bring it back. Unfortunately, I made the situation worse...

So I'm flying it for a bit, from the tennis courts. I'm learning a bit more about how to control it and stuff, but still don't quite have the hang of it. Anyway, at one point it starts flying across the street. At this point, I'm praying it doesn't nosedive and hit a car. But it keeps going across the street and gets stuck in the branches of a tree.

Fortunately, it appeared no one was home, and a nice gentleman stopped and helped me get it down by tossing an extension cord up and around the branch.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Stranger left a review on Amazon & Goodreads saying she devoured one of my books in two days and stayed up all night to finish it. I can't think of a better compliment! I'm chuffed.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  Stranger left a review on Amazon & Goodreads saying she devoured one of my books in two days and stayed up all night to finish it. I can't think of a better compliment! I'm chuffed.
                  But how did she say it tasted?

But seriously, Congratulations!

Comment

• Why do people actually click the option "No Opinion" on polls?

Comment

• Woke up this morning to what felt like an Arctic breeze wafting through my barely-open bedroom window ... holy crap. It's currently 5C/41F.
                      So much for spring ...
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Had a gum graft this morning. Pain is not so bad, actually, but I'll sure be glad when my mouth stops tasting like blood.

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                          Woke up this morning to what felt like an Arctic breeze wafting through my barely-open bedroom window ... holy crap. It's currently 5C/41F.
                          So much for spring ...
                          By my calculations, we're in the middle of Third Winter here in Northern Virginia, with the Pollening due to start within the next couple of weeks, probably around the time the cherry blossoms bloom.

I recently found out (thank you random Facebook meme) that Virgina actually has 12 Seasons: Winter, Fool's Spring, Second Winter, Spring of Deception, Third Winter, The Pollening, Actual Spring, Summer, Hell's Front Porch, False Fall, Second Summer, Actual Fall.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            By my calculations, we're in the middle of Third Winter here in Northern Virginia, with the Pollening due to start within the next couple of weeks, probably around the time the cherry blossoms bloom.

I recently found out (thank you random Facebook meme) that Virgina actually has 12 Seasons: Winter, Fool's Spring, Second Winter, Spring of Deception, Third Winter, The Pollening, Actual Spring, Summer, Hell's Front Porch, False Fall, Second Summer, Actual Fall.
                            That's hilarious! Southern Ontario isn't QUITE that bad, but when I suggested to Head Cashier today that maybe we could remove the little bottles of car door lock de-icer from near the cash registers ... she just went "Ummm ... maybe not yet ..."

However, it is very definitely time for me to get curtain rods and curtains for my living room windows. There is another wing of my building at right angles to the wing in which I live, and I'm noticing the neighbours are starting to venture out onto their balconies. From which at least one set of neighbours can see right into my living room. (I'm on the 14th floor, so am not at all worried about random passers-by seeing in ... unless Spiderman has gone rogue and is lurking in the vicinity.)

Wasn't an issue last summer because they were doing maintenance/repairs on ALL balconies so EVERYBODY was barred (literally) from accessing their balcony.
                            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Urg, so much drama at work. Mr Slut sleeping with another employee (there have been others previously) and various other people outside of work who all know each other and there's pregnancy involved and favoritism, blah blah. It doesn't really effect me (other than that my opinion of him is very low) but I swear, THE DRAMA MUST STOP. Half the people know about it to a certain extent and half don't and think he's a super great person, so people are split into groups.

One more week day. One more week day. This level of gossip can't last, I hope.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger

I recently found out (thank you random Facebook meme) that Virgina actually has 12 Seasons:
                                It also has an l between N and A....a Virgina is something different...further in the deep south
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X