This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• &£!@? Hospital!

As documented in another thread, i have an appointment with a gastroenterologist to deal with my suspected stomach ulcer.

Appointment 1 had to be cancelled as DH went into crisis and couldn't be left alone.

Appointment 2 is tomorrow, When i called to make the appointment we arranged for 2:30 pm to be my new appointment because of the bus timetables. (It's over an hour to get to this hospital with one bus change)

This morning I received my appointment confirmation letter and i've suddenly discovered that rather than the 2:30 pm appointment they agreed on over the phone, i'm booked in for 6:45 pm.

AARRRGH!

If I go to that i'll be stranded in [city] overnight...what the heck?!

And, of course, now I can't get anyone on the phone.

That's ridiculous! I really hope they get this sorted out for you.
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

I like reading out the punctuation in the thread title...
      "And Pound Bang At What" Hospital!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        I like reading out the punctuation in the thread title... "And Pound Bang At What" Hospital!
        Sounds like a great medical facility!

I would show up at 2:30 and tell them you didn't get the memo about the change in time.

Comment

Good luck with that. I once had a hospital send me a letter telling me to show up for a procedure at a certain day and time. I received the letter in the mail ON the day I was supposed to be there, about 20 minutes AFTER the appointed time.

I was more pissed at the hospital than the postal service because the hospital never called me to confirm the appt., which they were supposed to do. I could have told them I hadn't yet received the letter.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The receptionist I spoke with first thing in the morning was stunned and a little annoyed. It turns out the consultant hadn't wanted to come in "that early" (2:30 pm remember) and rescheduled me.

So she's made me a new appointment for 11:30 am next friday, she's also added a note that my appointment time can't be adjusted. She used my status as a carer to make sure they couldn't screw me over again.

Bwahaha!

Comment

I like the evil receptionist. Consultant doesn't want to come in "early" for an appointment time that fits your schedule, so he unilaterally reschedules you for a time that's convenient for him but physically impossible for you? Fine - reschedule you for 3 hours *EARLIER*.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X