Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a fun one the other day. Graduate calling, saying he needed to get into his email account. AAFH the second told him we'd enable it for 24 hours, then it would be disabled again. Then she sent me an email with the information to re-enable him. Well, his email account had already been deleted. It was done before I had disabled the accounts. I shrugged, re-enabled his account, and went on my merry way.

THE NEXT WEEK, he calls back saying that we re-enabled his account, but it wouldn't let him into his email account, and he needed to get something out for his boss.

Opps!
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Unbelievable, how some people think someone elses computer will hold their things forever.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

saddly I was one of these persons, and i had a big loss because of that. but the only one I blame is myself and my stupidity. trouble is I neglected my yahoo for a while, and they closed and cleaned.... reopening was very very easy, but the problem is I had a special treasured folder in there where I saved all the emails I had from mom before she died. And I lost all of these.

It is MY fault for not backuping such a precious load to my drives, and 200 DVDs around the country, but it is still painful, they where a reminder of her for me.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Well, Bliss that is kinda different, but still horrible nonetheless. {{hugs!}}

Of course, I picked an email account I NEVER use as the account connected to my DSL, which means it'll never close due to inactivity.
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

At my old college, the IT guys would have to force us at gun point to even use the campus e-mail. They even demanded that e-mails to professors be done over the network. Everyone who didn't enjoy cramming sharp things under their fingernails stuck to outside e-mail accounts.

They got back at us as the only way to get grades at the end of semesters is to fill out a class evaluation. And this led to many long lines of students having to get a hold of their student IDs and account passwords.
            "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

Comment

Working...
            X