This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista HELP!

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Vista Home Prenium loaded onto it. Lately once I've typed in my password and loaded it up, it tells me that Host Processes has stopped working. I've tried doing what they recommend, but it then tells me that I can't do it. I've tried the 32-bit software, what am I doing wrong? The last program I installed was project64.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Wow, I have the same thing as you but I don't have this problem. My Mother did and this is the response she got when contacting others for help.

The error message you are getting is fairly common and is just due to certain software programs not being 100% up-to-date with vista. Microsoft has been pushing out updates to help correct this problem, so it should not be a big deal as long as the computer is not crashing afterwards. Please keep an eye out on this and lets watch it over the next few weeks to see if the problem continues; hopefully, Microsoft will update the software automatically to fix the issue. You might also try running a different version of internet explorer from the start menu (there should be 2 versions listed on the start menu – a 32 bit and 64bit version) Hopefully one of the IE versions will not continue to give you errors. We will continue looking into this issue and keep you alerted with any updates.

Comment

Well, as long as the computer keeps working afterwards, it's not a huge deal. Host Process is...the way I understand it, anyways, is the process for a program runs almost inside a host process, then the host process interfaces with the operating system. It basically just means that some program trying to load at start-up isn't fully compatable with your operating system in some fashion. So are any of your programs not running properly? That's probably the culprit. That or the last thing you installed before the messages started. Do you have the 32 or 64 bit version of Vista? If you're running the 32 bit, double check you're not running the 64 bit version of something. That's about all the advice I can give at the moment.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
      X