This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridezilla, my wand is outta magic

It's a strapless dress. The dress has a fixed measurement from the waist to the top of the bodice. You don't. If you stretch your body up, and lean waaaay back, and raise your arms, you will be exposed.

Ditto for the circumference. It is fixed. It does not expand when you stand normally, or shrink to encase you when you stretch. The dress fits you. It's not going to move with you like a second skin.

If you want to wear flip-flops with your dress for the ceremony on the beach, and heels for your reception inside, the dress will be too long for your ceremony, or too short for your reception. Repeatedly asking, "So what should I do?" does not further progress. You have to make the decision.

I want to see people happy on their wedding day. I've suggested nipple covers, Hollywood tape and adding cap sleeves (none of which will do, apparently). I've decided I'm not going to care more than you do.

That you sulk instead of shout just makes you a different kind of Bridezilla. I was sympathetic when you first came in and explained that shopping for the dress had been a disappointing experience for you. Now I see your expectations are unrealistic, and there's not much I can do about that.

Well, at least now you know the reason why her experience thus far has been "unsatisfactory" ~_~
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
      I was sympathetic when you first came in and explained that shopping for the dress had been a disappointing experience for you. Now I see your expectations are unrealistic, and there's not much I can do about that.
      Sheesh, she must be related to FerrousBueller's customer. Some folks just do not understand how tailoring works! Or clothing, for that matter.

If she wants a dress that'll "move with her like a second skin", she should consider painting it on.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I find myself wondering what the outcome would be if more grooms participated in the wedding planning and saw the Bridezilla in action.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

There are materials

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Sheesh, she must be related to FerrousBueller's customer. Some folks just do not understand how tailoring works! Or clothing, for that matter.

If she wants a dress that'll "move with her like a second skin", she should consider painting it on.
          I know some clothes have been made from Latex, Spandex and materials that stretch but I have not heard of weddings dress being made of such.

Damn it, why did I test the idea on Google Images - They do make them! However, looking at the models used I am willing to bet that this customer would not look as good as them in these designs.

Comment

I'd suggest heeled flip-flops, but I can tell that she's not the type to take suggestions well.

Ah, the sulk. I guess that's worked their whole life, so why not now? Maybe if she sulks long enough gravity will bend around her?
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              I am willing to bet that this customer would not look as good as them in these designs.
              Actually she is an athlete and in the dress, before we did anything at all, looked like the after picture in a before-and-after photo shoot.

She is not a girly girl, and I suspect she envisioned putting on a wedding gown and being transformed into a sex kitten. She's also disappointed she doesn't have cleavage.
              Last edited by workerbee222; 09-27-2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

She is not a girly girl, and I suspect she envisioned putting on a wedding gown and being transformed into a sex kitten. She's also disappointed she doesn't have cleavage.
                This is where you need to mak a public service announcement:

ATTENTION LADIES! IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MUCH IN THE BUST DEPARTMENT, STRAPLESS NECKLINES WILL NOT GIVE YOU CLEAVAGE. THAT IS WHAT A BRA IS FOR.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

She's also disappointed she doesn't have cleavage.
                  There's gotta be something there to push-up, but hell, they make lots of little thingies you can stuff in the bra.

And *sigh* the strapless wedding dress trend has GOT to end sooner or later. Some Sundays every bride's photo in the paper shows a woman in a strapless gown. Doesn't anybody want to look different?

ETA:
                  I've decided I'm not going to care more than you do.
                  This is my new mantra at work.
                  Last edited by MoonCat; 09-28-2014, 01:49 AM. Reason: added a comment
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    And *sigh* the strapless wedding dress trend has GOT to end sooner or later. Some Sundays every bride's photo in the paper shows a woman in a strapless gown. Doesn't anybody want to look different?
                    There is supposedly a reason behind this, in that it's easier to adjust according to measurements, compared to something that has sleeves (can someone back me up on this?)

My plan for if I ever get married involves a dress with sleeves.

Speaking of wedding dresses that buck the trend, check this one out: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...RTY-bucks.html

She made it on her daily bus commute over 5 months and it took her $30 to do so. Best part is that she CAN actually wear it again, with different linings.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Doesn't anybody want to look different?
                      Of course not. Do you know how many little girls want to go as Elsa from Frozen this year? Why should they be any different when they grow up and their dressing up gets extremely expensive?
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My sister in law couldn't wear a strapless dress because of scars on her upper arms (she had to have cysts removed) and was despairing of finding anything with sleeves, she finally found a beautiful dress in a little local shop.

When Myt and I talk about our wedding *squees* my ideas about dresses invariably turn to something along mediaeval lines, with the long slashed sleeves
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

It's actually more complicated and time-consuming to get a strapless bodice fitting right. It has no straps or sleeves to keep it in place or help with an ever-so-slightly off fit. The fit must be perfect, and it must be perfected over the foundation garment (i.e- bra) that will be worn on the day, or it will not fit as expected.
                          Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                          It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

She purchased her dress at...David's Bridal. David's Bridal is recognized as being the Walmart of bridal gowns. I used to work there, too. The dresses in our store were 100% polyester (I don't know if the Vera Wang are, I left before that program began) But you know what? The styles are relatively current, the dresses have enough structure to look nice, and if I was going to wear something for a few hours on one day, (and I wasn't going to make it myself) I'd be looking at a Walmart price point, too. If she thought shopping at DB was going to be like an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress," she would have been very disappointed, indeed.

Because it gapped ever so slightly, we employed a trick that would make Ferris Beuhler crazy. I did a tiny running stitch across the front of the bodice, pulled it up one half inch, and secured the thread. The "bumpiness" now irritates her skin. **Sigh**

Comment

... It's not going to move with you like a second skin...
                              We've got a surgical stapler, if you'd like...
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X