This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Ass Question. Killer Answer.

My coworker Georgia, who is very obviously pregnant, was serving a table of annoying and demanding people. At one point, when they did not care for a particular appetizer, they said to her that Owner (who is from their part of the country) "should take it off the menu--it's disgusting!" To be fair, I don't care for the dish that much myself, but most people love it, and it is far from disgusting.

In any case, Georgia was getting more and more annoyed with these people. And then one of them made the stupid mistake of saying, "Darling, we have to ask--are you pregnant?" With an absolutely straight face, Georgia simply said, "No," and walked immediately away with one of their sodas in her hand to refill it, adding a slightly hurt look to her face. She was gone just long enough to make them feel utterly horrible, thinking they had just greatly insulted her. So when she came back to the table, the one woman started to profusely apologized. Georgia stopped her and said, "Ma'am...I Ess just joking. Of course I'm pregnant."

Surprisingly, she got a laugh from them, and I believe a decent tip, too. I told her, "You're evil." She grinned and said, "I know."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

That's how to turn a negative into a positive. I love Georgia!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I do, too. Sweet girl. Very bright. Wicked sense of humor, obviously. Sadly, very taken, and with his second baby on the way.

Still A Customer."

Comment

That's some 100% pure, unadulterated, pwnage right there. She deserves a multiple-degree black-belt in SC-Judo for turning their suckiness back on to them so far they tipped her for it!

Comment

Awesome for her! People should not be asking personal questions like that of strangers, especially since so many women who aren't pregnant do get asked. "No, I'm not pregnant, but thanks for reminding me I'm fat. Since I hadn't noticed lately."

Comment

Hah! Seems like she wowed them with her awesomeness so much that they saw the error of their ways! That was a brilliant outcome

Comment

I have to ask...what was the appetizer?

Comment

"Darling, we have to ask--are you pregnant?"
                no, no you don't. There is no need to ask, there is no person holding a gun to your head, there is no scavenger hunt for asking rude questions, there is no super secret alchemical formula that will be solved by asking this question.

The only reason you are asking to be nosy, rude and judgmental and you are not required to do that.

when I first wrote this post I misquoted and it looked like what I was saying was directed jim but it was not and I'm sorry for that.
                Last edited by gremcint; 09-30-2014, 05:25 PM. Reason: edited quote
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I once answered, "No; I'm just fat." Then the sucktomer got offended that I said she called me fat.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Jim View Post
                    I have to ask...what was the appetizer?
                    Nothing personal, but I'm not going to answer that, not only because it's irrelevant to the main thrust of the story, but because it's an app that is relatively unique to my bar, and I'd like to maintain some small measure of anonymity on here.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X