This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evannah View Post
    Actually, a truly sucky customer can. A woman who was being mean to me didn't like the fact that I was being nice to her, and complained about me that I wasn't nice, just sarcastic. I got in trouble for it.
    OMG, did you meet my sister? A couple weeks ago we were at a car detail shop, she got a major attitude with an employee who was trying to be nice, and I later apologized to him after she left. When I mentioned it to my sister later she blew through the roof and yelled at me that she would "NEVER talk to me again" and how "You don't throw your family under the bus like that!" because I apologized for her behavior. I stared at her and laughed.
    My sister can be a major bitch to everyone. If she has to wait in a line, she gets huffy and impatient. If someone messes up her order she complains to the manager and asks for the employee to be fired or reprimanded "At the LEAST." I hate going anywhere with her and avoid it if possible. I've tried talking to her and she ignores me. She's a gem.

Comment

Quoth DaisyQueen View Post
      OMG, did you meet my sister?
      Your sister sounds vile, sorry. Maybe you need to direct her to this place. Maybe then she'll realise that she's really causing people upset with her behaviour. Heck, let her read this message if she wants. She needs to know that what she's doing is wrong. I can see you're already trying your best with her though. She sounds really embarrassing to be around.

Does she work? If she does, tell her this (or make her read it). How would she like it if someone went into her workplace and got rude and started yelling and threatening her career?
      Last edited by EricKei; 10-02-2014, 05:02 PM. Reason: trimmed quote

Comment

OP, you're better than I am. I wouldn't have handed them their change. I would have put it on the counter.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
          Actually, a truly sucky customer can. A woman who was being mean to me didn't like the fact that I was being nice to her, and complained about me that I wasn't nice, just sarcastic. I got in trouble for it.
          How dare you be nice to the customers? What did they want you to do, start weeping and beg for forgiveness for your "crimes?" Hope you didn't get in too much trouble.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            Your sister sounds vile, sorry. Maybe you need to direct her to this place. Maybe then she'll realise that she's really causing people upset with her behaviour. Heck, let her read this message if she wants. She needs to know that what she's doing is wrong. I can see you're already trying your best with her though. She sounds really embarrassing to be around.

Does she work? If she does, tell her this (or make her read it). How would she like it if someone went into her workplace and got rude and started yelling and threatening her career?
            Oh yes she works. She's an administrative assistant. She complains if people are rude to her when she's working but she doesn't see her behavior as rude to others when she does it. I didn't think such an irrational person could exist but she does. She doesn't see the correlation between others being rude and herself being rude. In her mind she's always perfectly justified. Everyone I've talked to about it or who has witnessed it agrees that she's wrong but no one except me has the guts to say anything. It's screwed up.
            Fortunately for me she's still not talking to me since her last blow-up. I really could not care less. She lives two states away from me and we're really not that close. But my parents won't say anything because she has gone months without speaking to them for slights against her that only happened in her mind and it broke their hearts.
            So the best I can do is follow her and apologize to the people unlucky enough to cross paths with her. Maybe one of these times it will permeate her thick skull.

Comment

Another that can't grasp cause-and-effect.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I think I served your customer today, OP Had a right snotty lady at the tills, and she turned her head when I said hello to her. UGH.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  That woman was something nasty wearing human skin. To heck with her, I say. (That's right. "Heck." I said it!)
                  You talking about Slitheen?

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                    I had a customer call back to complain to a supervisor because I told her to have a nice day after she told me to cancel her order because I hadn't seen the items she wanted in person and couldn't tell her what I thought about the quality of the knick-knacks she wanted (and they were new enough that no other customers had reviewed on the website either, so I couldn't even say if others liked them).

Comment

Quoth Deevil View Post
                      I had a customer call back to complain to a supervisor because I told her to have a nice day after she told me to cancel her order because I hadn't seen the items she wanted in person and couldn't tell her what I thought about the quality of the knick-knacks she wanted (and they were new enough that no other customers had reviewed on the website either, so I couldn't even say if others liked them).
                      That's a co-incidence, because that's what I said, or pretty much something similar, to the woman who complained about me. Have a nice day is a bad thing to say apparently...

Comment

Quoth DaisyQueen View Post
                        Oh yes she works. She's an administrative assistant. She complains if people are rude to her when she's working but she doesn't see her behavior as rude to others when she does it. I didn't think such an irrational person could exist but she does. She doesn't see the correlation between others being rude and herself being rude. In her mind she's always perfectly justified. Everyone I've talked to about it or who has witnessed it agrees that she's wrong but no one except me has the guts to say anything. It's screwed up.
                        Fortunately for me she's still not talking to me since her last blow-up. I really could not care less. She lives two states away from me and we're really not that close. But my parents won't say anything because she has gone months without speaking to them for slights against her that only happened in her mind and it broke their hearts.
                        So the best I can do is follow her and apologize to the people unlucky enough to cross paths with her. Maybe one of these times it will permeate her thick skull.
                        Start apologizing while she's still ranting. If nothing else, talking over he will divert her attention from the poor employee to yourself.
                        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Working...
                        X