This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm unhelpful because I can't magically conjure up seats

On my last flight to somewhere glamorous and exotic in the Far East... I was working in Premium Economy class. A lot of airlines seem to have this cabin now, it's half way between economy and business but with emphasis on the economy part. many passengers travelling this class are very entitled as they feel they are "better" than economy cabin passengers.

People arguing over seats is common. Particularly on packed flights.

SC: Excuse me *looking red faced and flustered*
    Me: Yes madam, can I help you?
    SC: I'm not sat next to my husband! He's sat two whole rows behind me! Move my seat!
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that, we are completely full though so I can try but I can't promise anything
    SC: The woman at check in told me you would fix it! (LIES!)
    Me: Ok, well if you could take your seat for now please and then I can see if we can do anything *conscious that our take off slot time is approaching and everyone needs to be sitting down, pronto!*
    SC: You need to fix this NOW!

Meanwhile, her husband is sitting quietly, probably looking foreword to silence for 12 hours...

Me: Ok, I'm sorry, but can you please sit down as we need to get everyone buckled in so we can take-off.
    SC: NO, you need to make people move for me!
    Me: I'm sorry but I can't demand that people move, you are welcome to ask them yourself once we are airborne.
    SC: *loudly* will anyone PLEASE swap seats so I can sit with my husband because this HOSTESS is unhelpful and is refusing to assist me!

Silence. Everyone avoids eye contact. Meanwhile we start to push-back from the gate.

Me: Right, you are going to have to sit down as the plane is moving, please fasten your seatbelt.
    SC: You are RUDE! I'm going to complain about your attitude!

I just walk away at the point, I cannot be bothered to deal with this idiot. I later tell the in-flight manager, once we are up in the air, and said SC actually pulls at her skirt and demands to be moved to business class!

SC: Your colleague has been seriously unhelpful, I'm separated from my husband, it's not fair, I've paid good money for these tickets!
    IFM: Please, there is no need to touch me. There are no spare seats on this flight and even if there were I would not be authorised to move you to business class on this basis alone.
    SC: I'm going to write to your CEO and tell him just how unhelpful both of you have been.
    IFM: *just looks at her.* Very well madam, I will also be submitting my own report of course. Enjoy your flight.

Then said SC puts on her eye mask and proceeds to ignore husband and sleeps for the entire flight!

I love my job, I really do.

She's damn lucky that the flight didn't get turned around because of her, and a nice shiny pair of braclets put on her hands as a reward for causing the flight to be turned back.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I knew she was full of shit when she demanded to be moved to business class . . . with no mention of her hubs that she'd been "separated from."
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Get a grip on reality, lady. And touching is such a huge no-no! I'm constantly surprised at how often people on this site post stories about this! Especially on an airplane.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Jeeez, it's a plane flight, it's not permanent!! What a twit.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

he probably requested to be seated away from her.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

[SARCASM]Didn't you have any spare seats in the backroom?[/ENDSARCASM]
              Seriously though, VS is right about that. I've heard of flights turned around for less.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Does OP's avatar look like a blue Cthulhu at first glance to anyone else?

Comment

Wow, she sounds like a right cow!

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                    Lol, now that you mention it!

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                      So when an airliner lands and taxis up to the jetway...

...and there's no one in it...

*We'll* know!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One of the Mythos took Helios 522, I'm sure. Oh, the investigators blamed it on oxygen starvation followed by fuel exhaustion, but we know better.

The pilots had some increasingly incoherent conversation with air traffic control, then the plane seemed to fly by itself, following its planned route, but with no response to ATC.
                        Two air force jets were scrambled to formate on the plane; and the pilot flying beside the plane saw the passengers slumped in their seats, the copilot slumped in his, and noone in the captain's chair.
                        Then he saw a figure moving into the cabin, but there was no response to radio calls. The figure signalled 'down', and then the plane flew into a mountain.

It must be the Mythos!

(... or maybe the investigator's report, summarised on the wikipedia page, is much more likely. But ... MYTHOS!)
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                        X