Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Christmas Cards-Tally Time! - Please don't forget!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Christmas Cards-Tally Time! - Please don't forget!

(PLEASE NOTE: You will NOT be able to submit your sign up unless your address and email information is complete. Please be thorough!)

Every year, a number of us exchange Christmas Cards with fellow CS members across the globe. I collect sign ups from people each year, compile a list, send it out towards the end of October, and then we flood the hell out of each other's mailboxes with Christmas cheer.

Now, for a quick FAQ List...

Can I make my own cards, or do they have to be store bought?

Either way.

Religious Themes: Yay or Nay?

Again, it doesn't matter. This event is about friendship and holiday cheer.

If I sign up, do I have to send a card to EVERYONE?

YES, and in a timely manner too. I cannot stress this enough. It is selfish, rude, and seriously unfair to sign up and get cards from everyone else and not send any of your own. If you wish to only send cards to a select few members of the CS community, please make such plans on your own.

Are E-Cards allowed?

No. Once the final list goes out, this becomes a snail mail event.

What happens if I sign up and don't send out my cards/don't send out my cards until after the Easter Bunny has visited?

People who sign up and don't follow through make Baby Jesus cry and thus, are automatically placed on Santa's Naughty List for the next year. Oh, and on my naughty list as well. No shows are banned from participating in future events.

But what if an emergency comes up and I can't?

I'm not an unreasonable person, and I've found that most members of CS that participate are very accommodating. If an emergency comes up, all I ask is that you PLEASE let me know. I will handle things accordingly and you will not be penalized in any way.

How Many People Will Sign Up?

It varies. As the CS community gets larger with each year, the list grows as well. I've had everywhere from 20-60 members sign up in previous years. Unfortunately, my crystal ball hasn't been working lately like it should, so I can't tell for certain how many of you will sign up this year.

My FAVORITE part about our new sign up method is that it features an "Opt Out" period. Sign Ups close on October 23rd, but the Opt Out period is available until October 31st, so if the list swells to an amazingly large number of people and it is no longer feasible for you to participate, you have the option of dropping out before I finalize the list.

How Much Is Postage?

It depends on where you live, how many people have signed up, and how many of the cards you send will be international.

As a courtesy, we have provided links to the US, UK, Canadian, NZ, Australian, and South African post offices on the official sign up page.

It's asking me to login with a username and password. Are those the same as my CS user name and password?

Yes.

I tried to sign up, but didn't get the "activation" email/The final list never showed up in my mailbox!

Check your spam box. If you still have trouble, let us know.

ALSO...

We will be attempting something different this year. As you all know by now, we have lost a dear friend in Plaidman this summer. He participated faithfully for as long as I can remember, and I think it would be nice to let his mother know that he (and she) are in our thoughts in what will surely be a difficult holiday season. That said, I have set up a separate sign up event for those who wish to send a Christmas card to Momma Plaidman. Even if you will not be sending cards in the big exchange this year, feel free to sign up for this event... there's nothing to be tallied and no penalty for *not* participating. This is simply to honor a man who was a friend to us all.

http://www.customerssuck.com/cardlist/ <---to sign up for one or both events.
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

signed up for both....year 3 this year!
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Signed up for both. Now just need to find an image and a design for this year
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Signed up..

Comment

I have been trying to participate for YEARS. This year I don't have a psychotic control freak forbidding me from sending holiday cheer to my extended cs family
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I signed up for both. I'm kinda hoping for a medium-sized list only because of time restrictions, but I'll try to get my cards early and do a little at a time so as not to get overwhelmed near the end
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Just tried to sign up for the Plaidman list, but both access codes I've tried are coming up invalid. Has anyone else had this problem?

Apparently 3rd time's the charm. Got it to work on one last attempt.
              Last edited by Sonoma; 09-14-2011, 06:48 AM. Reason: Problem solved
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

This is a question for the mods. I participated in the 2009 card exchange but (shame on me!) I didn't get all my cards sent. I did send MOST of them, and I feel really really REALLY bad about the handful of people I missed. I withheld myself from the 2010 exchange for that reason, and because I hadn't been active on here that year.

Can I participate again this year? My situation is a bit more stable in a lot of ways, and I plan to get an earlier start. If not, I understand.
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I've signed up - my first time! Eeep!

My boyfriend will think I've gone MAD but hell, it sounds like a lot of fun
                  "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Just a note for those who live in the UK/Aus/Other countries where there is a minority of CS.com folk:

You are allowed to send postcards. ^_^

(I asked this question last year)

I'll see how I go this year. ANd I'll probably stock up on postcards featuring Adelaide again.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I signed up.. My first year doing this on CS. I have a friend that makes rubber stamps, I'm gonna go get one made with my CS screen name and my address.
                      Last edited by HappyFun Ball; 09-14-2011, 12:28 PM.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

I had soo much fun last year getting all the cards. Just signed up for both lists. Have to think what I'll put in the cards this year. I think I'll make my cards again too. That was fun last year.

Comment

Signed up for both!

looking forward to all the amazing cards again this year!!
                          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Signed up for both events haz I.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Woohoo! It's my first year and I'm so excited!

Now I need to find some quilty cards.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                              X