This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for the Money!

is opening this weekend, anyone going to go see it?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Nope. Gonna either wait until it's at a budget theater or on DVD. I'm afraid of how bad it'll be compared to the book.

Besides...the guy playing Ranger is NOT anywhere near how I've pictured him in my head.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

yeah I pictured him darker....and lula is to skinny :P
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I really dislike Katherine Heigl in general, and I think she's poorly cast as Stephanie. I'm going to Netflix it.

Comment

It's a shame, too, but...

at least I still have the books.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm going tonite - have been a huge fan of Janet Evonovich for about 12 years and have been hearing about the movie for almost that long.
            "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
              yeah I pictured him darker....and lula is to skinny :P
              I said the exact same thing.

Comment

Saw it last night - my only complaint was that Ranger had too much to say. In the book, he is a man of few words. I also thought that Sherry Shepard was really good as Lula.
                "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

LOVED the movie!!! pretty close to the boo, few minor things different, nothing really serious.

Probably go see it again with mom and dad if they haven't seen it yet.

and ranger does speak a bit more then normal in the book, hes teaching her things.

Comment

Seen it on Friday and I'm gonna see it again tonight, like Sarlon said it's a bit different from the book but good.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

I'll agree, I thought Heigl was not the right choice for Stephanie. (The character was practically MADE for Sandra Bullock to play.)

But, after seeing the movie, I thought it was actually quite good. Heigl acquitted herself well. Ranger's additional dialog was acceptable, and any other changes were likewise acceptable. I hope it does well enough that they make more of the series.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X