This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day started off bad but just got awesome news

Bad start to the day. Two weeks ago I filed my taxes and asked for direct deposit of refund. Refund was accepted same day and was told that I should get refund within 2 weeks. Being broke/unemployed I have been counting down the days and checking for refund. This morning I went to check the status and got told the refund wouldn't be mailed out until Feb. 8th. Why it's not direct deposit and why it's taking so long I don't know. So needless to say this definitely pissed me off.

Great news: I am no longer unemployed. I will be working full time doing customer service at dry cleaners. The dry cleaners is less then a block from my house and can walk to save gas. Pays more then minimum wage too. I have been unable to find a full time job since 2009. They asked me when I could start I told them I will be there tomorrow. Lol

That's awesome, I hope it goes well at your new job

Comment

Congrats on the job!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Congrats!!!

I work within walking distance, too, and it's so awesome. I can leave 10 minutes before I'm supposed to start versus my sister needing to leave an hour before.

Good luck to you

Comment

Don't leave them hanging :P
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Anyone who filed before January 26th is having their return postponed by the IRS while they double check some new tax laws. Anyone who filed after that is under the normal wait times.

Comment

I need to leave atleast 30 mins before i start, but that's only becourse (sp?) i have to catch a bus (I'd walk if it wasn't -25*C over here atm).

Comment

I usually wait until the middle of April to file taxes. But friend convinced me that file early and have refund direct deposit would have very fast. I filed on the 20th so I am one of the people still waiting.

Best part of work is it's casual attire no dress code and can wear sneakers. Tired of uniforms and or dress shoes walking around all day

Comment

Congrats on the new job! I am so jealous of the fact that you can walk there and not deal with traffic. .

Comment

The only thing I live within walking distance of is crazy.

You can't drive me there...

Well... maybe with a 1-wood...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

on the new job! I remember the frustration of not being able to find a job and the immense relief when I finally found one. Best of luck in your new position!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth hotelslave View Post
                        This morning I went to check the status and got told the refund wouldn't be mailed out until Feb. 8th. Why it's not direct deposit and why it's taking so long I don't know. So needless to say this definitely pissed me off.
                        I saw something like this with a client a couple years back. They had their bank info but on a hand-written sticky note....not the check. Well they left a digit off the account number--creating a mismatch in the SSN's on the return and the account. Per IRS procedure, the check was mailed.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If you were using the "Where's my refund?" thing on the IRS's webpage, it has been having issues so you may want to call us and just ask. Granted that means twiddling your thumbs for probably 20-30 minutes since this is the busy season for us after all.
                          "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Comment

Working...
                          X