Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam instinctively tries to sniff the air, then realizes that she's stuck as some pointy eared human.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• "Ack." Ananda puts up her hood, if it wasn't already, and squints at the others, taking in how they've changed. ((has Amy changed at all?))
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "amy...I hate to be a bother....but could I perhaps exchange these clothing for soemthing more.....hm....practical? Boots, leggings, tunic, sword?"

sarlon feels the staff in her hand with a curious expression then feels a sense of....something....come over her...then literally a blanket of dust lightly coats the area around them and sarlon looks at herself curiously.

"what in the name of the 9 ancients..."
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• ((Did you miss my description of Amy??))

"It is a bad idea, some clothing and metal interfere with spell casting. "
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• ((must have... x_x I'll go back and look))
            Ananda sneezes, feeling slightly light-headed and tingly.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Amy looks at the group. "Ok from here, there are a couple of ways we can proceed. The desert you see, we can make a straight path toward Sparrowflight, would take about a week. Since I know the towns and oasis in the area, the desert itself is not the problem. It is by far the most dangerous of the ways, but the way I personally would suggest since time is of the essence. If we head either way around the desert, it will add two weeks travel, but be far safer."
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "I vote for through the desert, much as I dislike heat....time IS of the essence."
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Alex and most of the rest of the crew go to see what they can do to slow down the dragons. Leaving only Stalker, Kate, Charles, and Whisper in the base. Kate hears a newscast.

"At 12:15 am eastern standard time, an explosion rocked New York city. Nobody was hurt, and no structural damage is apparent. Residents report a blue light pulse, which appeared to do nothing."

Comment

• She frowns at the TV. "That seems...strange."
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• At the base, 3 uneventful days later ((going to assume Kate is still working with Whisper on controlling her emotions)). Kate again overhears the news. "Authorities are still baffled by the explosion that rocked New York. The CDC has been called in, as every individual that showed signs of mutations have suddenly reversed. Mutants that enter the area seem not affected by whatever is affecting those who were within the strange blast."

Comment

• ((Correct assumption.))

She tilts her head. "That's...definitely weird. Isn't it?"
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Meanwhile (during the time that has passed), Charles has located the building..and been scouting (finding any routines, etc). Although they are very good at mixing it up, he is pretty confident he has the time tables down.

Back at the headquarters Stalker looks at Kate. "Didn't one of the AML say something about a final solution? Do you think they have found a way to put a more permanent version of that anti-mutant stuff in a bomb?"
                          Last edited by Mytical; 08-09-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• "They couldn't have....could they? I don't really know how that stuff works. Maybe we should ask Johnny. Or Alex."
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• ((With no reply from Kanalah or Teh, through the desert it is))

The group travels about a day, and interestingly enough the conditions do not start out that harsh. While a bit hot and dry, it doesn't seem bad enough for a desert to have formed. Amy tells the group a little background. The area is called Haban's Folly.

Once eons ago, magic was not quite so..dangerous as it currently is. A powerful lich controlled this area, which was then a swamp. Haban was a powerful mage, some say maybe even destined to become a chosen of Mystra a goddess of magic. Haban decided to free the lands of the evil of the lich. The two beings clashed in the center of this land, and it looked as if Haban would be victorious.

Haban did not just want to defeat the lich, however, he wanted to send a message to all those who might follow the lich's evil path. He managed to tap into the source of all magic, causing a wild surge to flow throughout the world. He became the worlds first Wild Mage. Unfortunately the power was too much, and though it accomplished Haban's goal of obliterating the lich, nothing was left of Haban either. Ever since there have been wild surges when magic is tapped, which is why mages use catalyst to defuse it. There are some, wild mages, who do not..they do not try to focus the magic..just let it flow..but they are as dangerous to themselves and any friends they might have as to enemies, but some are extremely powerful.

Toward nightfall the group arrives at a small town. It's design is a bit .. odd. The buildings form a sort of starburst pattern, surrounding a beautiful fountain. White marble statues of dolphins, mermaids, and a beautiful but powerful looking female adorn the fountain. From the entrance the group used to the right the following buildings can be seen (the town is to large to see all of the buildings from the entrance)

Armorer, Weaponsmith, Tavern, General Store, Inn, a Church (dedicated to a goddess called Oceana)), followed by several houses.

To the left a rather large house, town hall, a prison, some gallows, a stable, and a courtroom.

There are several people out and about, the usual colorful characters one might see in a town. Many men in uniform patrol the street, each has a wave emblem on their uniform. A water goddess is very unusual for a desert town.

Meanwhile (several days in the future..in another dimension).

Stalker nods "They are out in the field." he says something else, but his voice becomes distorted. A slight headache claims Kate, and the world sort of blurs around her. A brief moment later she is standing on a road looking at the Hollywood sign. She is holding a newspaper with tomorrows date on it..and a blue flash explodes over her head. Suddenly she is back in the Headquarters..Stalker standing over her looking concerned. "Kate..Kate are you ok?!"
                              Last edited by Mytical; 08-10-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• ((yeah, best idea an' all... ))
                                Ananda would do her best to bother Amy about more history stuff, most of which will undoubtedly be useless to what's actually going on. All while trying to wheedle her shiny new magicy-stuff to do things.
                                She will be very happy to get out of the sun, into a town, and sleep tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X