This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it a trick question?

I show up 15 minutes early to work today and start doing my opening work and shortly after my boss comes up and tells me that there's one too many people scheduled and asks if I want to go home. I think about it for a second and say yes. I was there until 1:45 am last night closing and today is one of our 1st few days of really gorgeous weather. It's almost 80 degrees!
    So then he gives me this really strange look and says "are you sure?" Yeah...I picked up a shift thus week so I'll still have the same amount of hours.
    I just feel like he was testing me or something. Everything has to be made into such a big deal at this job and nothing is ever good enough. It's just a restaurant job for gods sake! This isnt my career...its just something I'm doing to get through school and pay the bills. We aren't curing cancer over here. I feel like I'm always being forced to think about this stupid job when in reality I DONT CARE!!!! Ok, now off to enjoy my beautiful day off.

Maybe he was hoping you'd stay so he could send someone else home that he really doesn't like.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

A lot of jobs are like that. the bosses make what you're doing seem more important than what it really is. Having u rush around like an idiot & u so much want say.."Hey, I'm not saving the world, so back the hell off!!"

Comment

Maybe he was hoping you thought the job was "too important" to throw over... HAH!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

He prolly wanted someone else to go home and you to stay cause you're probably a great worker. My boss at the burger joint i worked at back in the day always did shit like that. He'd be like who wants to go home? I'd be like me hell yea, then he'd be like well, i meant ne one else... i need you. and i'd be like well shit... why didn't you say that Oo -_- gettin my hopes up and stuffz.... but yea they always try to build up the lamest positions to try and improve moral or build value in the job when in actually most of those jobs are just a means to an end.

Comment

At my job they usually ask for volunteers to go home, since, of course, we usually don't get paid if we leave (though now I guess we can ask for it to be PTO...whatever). So sometimes they'll ask someone in particular if they want to go home but emphasize "only if you want to"...lol. Today I was offered the last 15 minutes of my shift off, unpaid...alas, I had multiple orders to finish noting, so I really had to stay. Ah well. Another $2.00 or so in my pocket, after taxes..
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
            X