This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I quit my job yesterday.....

I have been at this job for over 4 years and until a year ago loved it. Unfortunately, a year ago they hired a new manager who is a complete prick.

Over the last 12 months, he has bullied, intimidated and belittled me and other staff. Part of me is angry that I let it happen for so long, but you never know what the repercussions will be if you complain. I tried to hold out hoping he would be fired for not meeting his KPI's, but he just scrapped in

The last few weeks have been absolute Hell and ended with my doctor putting me on stress leave and practically ordering me to see a councelor for anxiety disorder.

So I resigned yesterday and finish on Thursday. I have 3 weeks of leave owing to me so I will take a bit of a break to regroup.

Luckily, I have another job lined up so I dont have the stress of being unemployed for too long. My new job has very little customer contact, so my days of dealing with SC's will be fewer and farther between.
    "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

I'm happy for you that you have a sort-of vacation and a job lined up. Managers make all the difference.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm sorry your job and health went sour because of that asshole manager.

Take your time, recover, enjoy your break and be glad you'll never have to deal with that viper again. Best of luck with the new job!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Best of luck with the new position!

Comment

That absolutely sucks about the manager, but at least you've managed to sort a pretty much perfect way to leave a job - a little bit of time off to recover and then straight into something else that's not as bad. Good luck with the next job and enjoy your time off! And nolite tes bastardes carborundorum
          I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

I left a job last year because of a similar situation. This guy had some serious control issues and seemed more concerned about our occasional mistakes making him look bad than being, I don't know, supportive and professional.

While I don't have a permanent position right now, I'm building up enough of my own good reputation to string together a good freelance career.

I'm glad you managed to land on your feet. Enjoy the break!
            "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Working...
            X