This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And So It Ends

A little under a year ago, I managed to get a new job. I was so happy about it. It was a job I'd wanted for a long time.

This past Friday, that dream was finally killed. It's been comatose for a long while, but it finally really hit home for me.

Friday night was my last time there. I'll probably be called up for some contract work here and there (clean out servers for sale, that sort of thing). But Friday was my last day as an employee.

I was surprised by how hard it hit me. A few of the people, I have no idea when I'll see them IRL again. I love them, and miss them already.

2011 was supposed to be one of the best years I'd ever had. Instead, it was one of the worst.

All I can do is work to make 2012 better, and try to learn whatever lessons I can from this year.

But that won't change missing that dream. It's gone now, and life has to resume.

I'm sorry. I wish I could help.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I hate when that happens. I'm sorry.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm so sorry
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

((hugs)) This situation just sucks so badly.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Awww...I'm sorry, Peds! Hopefully 2012 will be the dream year you're hoping for!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I don't think 2011 has been fair to any of us.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

*HUGE HUGS*
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

*hugs Peds, hands him a dozen of his favorite cookies*
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm so sorry . . .

Comment

<hugs>

....shall we burn the old job now?
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Leaving the people is usually the hardest part of leaving the job. I'm just glad that you have another job lined up and should be able to keep busy enough to not have to think about it too much.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

All I can say, is "hugs". And hang in there. I know how you feel, at least in general.

2010 was when all our suckiness began. 2011 was the year I expected new beginnings, better again, etc. Right now, we're in worse shape than we even dreamed it would get.

I'm still hoping for 2012 to be better...... at least til December. :-) Keep me in your thoughts/prayers/meditations/spells/whatever you do for positive energy, and I'll keep you in mine......

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

2011 sucked big donkey dicks. (sorry...lol) Pedersen, I'm sorry this happened to you. I once lost a job where I'd worked for over 7 years, where I met my husband, and made tons of good friends...I hated the place by then though, so it was a mixed blessing. We've also kept in touch with many of those people and then when hubby went back to work for the company that bought out the original, some of the same people were - and are - still there. I hope you can keep in touch with your friends also.

Best wishes to EVERYONE for a better 2012!!!!
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I know how that feels. I worked at an isp for 3 years, and ended up with a kickass job as a dsl coordinater. Then we got bought out by another company, who got bought out by another company who decided to close our doors. I walked out of there for the last time in January of 2000 and felt horrible. I had good friends there and loved the job. I hated to see it end.

I just went to the building this job was in yesterday and was outside just reveling in memories and feeling sad at how much had changed. I still miss those days.

ETA: It was about 6 months later that I started working at another dsl company as a corporate slave, and someone told me about this site So yeah I've been on here since 2000 but became an actual member a few years later.
                              Last edited by telecom_goddess; 12-27-2011, 07:27 PM.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X