Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 10-16-2019, 03:42 AM
Bookkeeper

I'm of the "drive it until it dies" school of car ownership, so couldn't care less about resale value. I seriously question how those who have meltdowns if the four-wheel jewelry/surrogate phallus gets bumped by a shopping cart or some such trivia can bear to take Precious out on the road to encounter dirt (shudder), rocks (whimper), road debris (snivel), or other vehicles (wails of horror).

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 10-16-2019, 02:35 PM
Gun Pimp.

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
I'm of the "drive it until it dies" school of car ownership, so couldn't care less about resale value. I seriously question how those who have meltdowns if the four-wheel jewelry/surrogate phallus gets bumped by a shopping cart or some such trivia can bear to take Precious out on the road to encounter dirt (shudder), rocks (whimper), road debris (snivel), or other vehicles (wails of horror).
WELLL EXCUSEEEE ME.

Also not worried about resell of my house but I also don't shit on the floor.
I paid good $$ not to drive a shitbox I can put my own marks on it I don't others help.
Yes I'm that vain that I like to keep my car looking nice as possible.

On the flip side I don't get people who buy cars or guns and never use them. It's like not fucking your wife so the 2nd husband has a better lay.

Windage and Elevation.

Old 10-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
WELLL EXCUSEEEE ME.

Also not worried about resell of my house but I also don't shit on the floor.
I paid good $$ not to drive a shitbox I can put my own marks on it I don't others help.
Yes I'm that vain that I like to keep my car looking nice as possible.

On the flip side I don't get people who buy cars or guns and never use them. It's like not fucking your wife so the 2nd husband has a better lay.
Exactly! I can totally understand why the lady was pissed off. Totally understandable in this case IMO.

Old 10-16-2019, 04:59 PM
Bookkeeper

Maybe just a tad of perspective? Annoyance is understandable. Psycho rages, including physical violence, maybe not so much.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 10-16-2019, 05:15 PM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
Maybe just a tad of perspective? Annoyance is understandable. Psycho rages, including physical violence, maybe not so much.
Totally agree...I don't think the lady here went psycho...just showed the expected amount of annoyance IMO.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:16 PM
Bookkeeper

Wasn't necessarily referring to this specific instance, but to other situations I've observed or heard of. where someone gets much more aggressively defensive of a material object than they would ever bother to do with an actual living being.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:57 PM
JAFP

Quote:
Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
"No trial, no jury, straight to fuckin' execution." [cookies for ref]
Vincent Vega

And I am lobbying to make his vision a reality

Old 10-16-2019, 11:40 PM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
Wasn't necessarily referring to this specific instance, but to other situations I've observed or heard of. where someone gets much more aggressively defensive of a material object than they would ever bother to do with an actual living being.
Oh yes, I can think of examples where people aggressively lost it over an accident...definitely no need of that over material items for sure.

Old 10-17-2019, 04:04 PM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Quote:
Quoth rageaholic View Post
An investment, like to resell later? Hmm, I never thought of it like that (though it sounds like a very risky investment).
It can be. Though I did not buy my early 70s mustang for an investment, I bought it to drive. I had it repainted from that boring momvan maroonish red to 73 caddy light gold metallic, and several weeks afterwards a moron in a k-car pretty much deliberatly opened his car door into mine [he had to see me, I had just pulled in and was still sitting in the seat] and got into his car. He knew he hit my door with his, there was an entirely audible and kinesthetic thunk ... so I slammed my door into his when I opened my door to get out. I left a good deep crease in his door ... got to love the good solid ibeam and real steel doors

Old 10-17-2019, 11:07 PM
Paleontologist

K-car? Also, I bet he did it out of jealousy.