This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Hell

Ok, who watched the first episode? What are people's opinions?

I think the owners were total idiots, but that goes without saying.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

I did! I agree about the owners. I couldn't believe how much of a snob he is and all that stuff he's been hoarding. Objects taking away from paying his employees an actual wage. And with a $100k constant reminder parked by the place. Seriously?! Poor them. Pathetic was an excellent word for him.

Can't wait for the conclusion.

Comment

I missed the beginning - where are the owners from, 'cause they can't possibly be Vermonters themselves they way they treated the locals.
      Windsor is a small town - who do they think are going to work there if the current people leave?

Comment

What completely baffled me about it was how long the employees stuck out the whole working without getting paid.

And the former chef, buying stuff on her own credit card to keep the kitchen open? Oi.

The storage units full of stuff, and the huge expensive RV? Eyebrow twitch inducing. Owners are deluded asses, and that's being polite.

Comment

Watching the first episode reminded me so much of of how mom/gma ran their store.

They'd prance around, showing off the expensive stuff, never deny themselves something that they want, but when it comes time to actually pay people - yeah.

My grandmother would ask her friends if they'd like to come hang out and have lunch with her and the next thing I'd know, they'd be dusting and straightening shelves. And I've already mentioned about how she paid me.

Yeah I kept telling the TV "Your long lost sister is my mom, you asshole!"
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Did you watch the Keating one last night? Car designers shouldn't be allowed to design hotels if that is how they turn out - redunkulous. Tub in the middle of the room - no actual functional seating. Such a shame because the building is so beautiful!

Comment

I just watched it. WTF? Not to mention the restaurant. How could he think that was a good idea?
              Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

All I remember about the first episode (the one in Vermont) was when Gordon confronted the owners about not paying the employees, the owner stuck his nose in the air and proclaimed "Well, they don't have to work here."

I would have turned on my heel and walked out right then.

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
                  when Gordon confronted the owners about not paying the employees, the owner stuck his nose in the air and proclaimed "Well, they don't have to work here."

I would have turned on my heel and walked out right then.
                  Me too. And I would have complained to the local labor board and others (including tax authorities)
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

As for the first episode - it may have something to do with the area and time of year. From reviews I read online it appears that the show was filmed early in the year - so toward the end of "high season" which meant if they left /quit there would be little chance to get a new job in a similar place and no chance for seasonal unemployment coverage.
                    I just now went to the VT job board and there are only 68 jobs listed within a 5 mile radius almost all are medical jobs and most of those are for LPN / RNs and this is right before "high season" - not a single one in the hospitality industry. So I think it was a matter of better a job that will eventually pay vs. no job at all.

Comment

I'm watching episode 6 on a streaming site for a Canadian TV channel. It's the murder mystery inn. I'm addicted to this show.
                      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I thought that this had something to do with that movie... starring that guy... you know, he used to stand on his hind legs...

(wonder if anyone gets the reference?)
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                          I thought that this had something to do with that movie... starring that guy... you know, he used to stand on his hind legs...

(wonder if anyone gets the reference?)
                          I get it! that's one of my favourate simpsons episodes

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                            I get it! that's one of my favourate simpsons episodes
                            But do you get the connection?

EDIT: Two days later... I guess not. The guy in the reference is an actor named Rory Calhoun, who appeared in a small (and very good) horror film in 1980 called "Motel Hell". Which is why I brought it up.
                            Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 09-08-2012, 06:26 AM.
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                            X