This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    Up in Rochester NY I did Janet 260+ times. No body for it now, but I still have the floor show Janet costuming in a box somewhere
    Quoth mathnerd View Post
    Magenta here.
    I was a Janet too. Although I would occasionally play one of the other characters as well...the most interesting was probably when I decided to play FrankNFurter in costume.
    There was an off duty sheriff that the theater hired who was supposed to keep us from sneaking rice and stuff in. And he did do a decent job of checking purses. But when I would look him straight in the eye and tell him I was hiding rice in my bra, he'd just roll his eyes and tell me to stop holding up the line going in. So I would, and then when I got to the front where we all hung out I would reach down my shirt and pull the baggies of rice out of my bra.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      Magenta here.
      Woo another Magenta! I had to quit when my cast moved to a theater that was two blocks from the school I was teaching at. One parent shows up and there goes my job.

Comment

Quoth farmkid View Post
        Evergreen State in Olympia?
        Nope!

Salisbury State, Salisbury MD.

I was lucky: my DM liked to use the sound track during our D&D sessions, especially the "There's a liggghht" It got to the point who ever was running couldn't say, "you see a light" without the players chiming in "coming from the Frankenstein place." So the first time I saw it in the theater, I knew all the songs and the audience participation was easy to pick up.

I never went in costume, though. Never had the nerve for it.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          Nope!

I never went in costume, though. Never had the nerve for it.
          I am not, as Jester can confirm, a particularly extroverted person, and generally like to fade into the background in a crowd. This makes the fact that I spent two years playing Magenta even funnier. It happened by accident.

You see, I have a thick mop of curly red hair. In high school it was redder and thicker than it is now, and not quite as long as it is now (though still pretty long). A friend of mine dragged me to a showing, and as I'd never seen it before, I was just there to watch. Well, their Magenta didn't show up, so the woman that ran the show, who was the daughter of the person who ran the shop where I bought all my oboe supplies (so I'd met her before), just grabbed me, said "Put this on! I'll show you what to do!", and the movie started about three minutes later. Once I'd done it once, it was easy to do again.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My parents met at a showing of RHPS, and played Brad and Janet in the floor show for a while. The multiplex near my house shows RHPS every halloween, and they sell little kits with rice, confetti, glow sticks, newspapers, etc (all the easy to clean up props) at the ticket desk. My dad and I go every year. It's really funny hearing my mild-mannered middle-aged dad shout profanities and dirty jokes in public.
            It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you look really cool doing it! -- Julio Scoundrel, Order of the Stick

Comment

Quoth Lady_Foxfire View Post
              It's really funny hearing my mild-mannered middle-aged dad shout profanities and dirty jokes in public.
              Kind of the same thing here. I first took my daughter to see RHPS at age 14. She had seen a tape I made off of VH1 (they used to show it every Halloween) years and years ago so she kinda knew somewhat of what to expect. I had taught her most of the callback lines (yes with all of the cursing and sexual references).

In later years she would sit away from me for a good reason. One of the pre-show things the cast did was to "inform" the audience of the rules of the show. One of those rules was NO flash photography but flashing is ALLOWED (mostly as a joke). At that point my crazy daughter would flash a part of her chest at the MC.

Not sure which of us was weirder.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
              X