This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shyla View Post
    I think Pizza Hut tried to be something it's not and should have kept a smaller menu. Although I haven't eaten Pizza Hut in about 10 years. I don't order pizza much.
    They are still trying that to this day. Not content to be "just a pizza place" like they were back in the 1960's through the 1980's they have tried even to this day to be something they are NOT. several times they have attempted to expand their menu selection (they just did this again about 6 months ago) with little success.

They are NOT a sports bar
    They are NOT upscale like California Pizza
    They are NOT some "HIP young hangout place"
    They have NOT addresses their quality
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      They are still trying that to this day. Not content to be "just a pizza place" like they were back in the 1960's through the 1980's they have tried even to this day to be something they are NOT. several times they have attempted to expand their menu selection (they just did this again about 6 months ago) with little success.
      I think they did pretty well adding buffets to some of their locations, and pizza sliders, IMO, were an AMAZING idea. Papa John's just keeps adding strange pizzas (I get coupons for whatever their new kind is in the mail every month, last month was cheeseburger pizza, I think), and Domino's is trying to not be a pizza place anymore.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

To Domino's credit, their old pizza recipe did kinda suck (hell, even the CEO admitted it tasted like cardboard); the one they've been using for the past few years ain't bad at all. They are going overboard on the "let's serve everything but pizza" thing, tho. Sammiches actually makes sense -- they can use the same dough and toppings as the pizzas, they just need to add a couple things like sliced deli ham and roast beef (if they even serve those) and they're golden. That, and pizza dough makes a damn good sandwich platform The pastas and other stuff, though? Eh...If I want that, I'll go to a pasta joint.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          They are going overboard on the "let's serve everything but pizza" thing, tho. Sammiches actually makes sense -- they can use the same dough and toppings as the pizzas, they just need to add a couple things like sliced deli ham and roast beef (if they even serve those) and they're golden.
          And calzones. I remember when they first started carrying those, I was little and had never heard of one but it sounded like the best thing EVAR. I wish more pizza places would carry them.

I haven't had Domino's in so long, I forget what it tastes like, and I know I haven't tried their new recipe. I should do that sometime.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

I'm a Papa John's person myself, if I want Cheap Chain Pizza. Delivery is usually quick and on-time, the quality is consistent, the ingredients decent. And my wife and I are both addicted to their Garlic-Parm breadsticks! Unlike most pizza-store breadsticks (which are just cut up crust with stuff on them), they are actual individually-rolled sticks. (They clearly start with a standard round of pizza dough, but turn it into sticks by cutting the dough ball, instead of cutting an already-flat crust.)

That said, I do wonder who actually buys their Heart Attack of the Month pizzas. They look disgusting. ("Ninety-three types of cheese with the greasiest meats on our menu!" "Bacon and Lard in a Rich Cream Sauce! With Cheese!")

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
              And my wife and I are both addicted to their Garlic-Parm breadsticks!
              So am I. I don't like their pizzas much though, the crust always seems really dry and crunchy to me, and the extra flour on the outside doesn't help.

Guys you're making me hungry stahp.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                That said, I do wonder who actually buys their Heart Attack of the Month pizzas. They look disgusting. ("Ninety-three types of cheese with the greasiest meats on our menu!" "Bacon and Lard in a Rich Cream Sauce! With Cheese!")
                Well, if I want healthy I won't look to Papa John's. If I order pizza I'll get whatever I feel like, and I people can go ahead and judge away.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

While pizza can be made in a healthy way, chain pizza is generally not a healthy food. Absolutely fine for the odd indulgence meal, but go ahead and treat it as one.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Relax. I was calling it Heart Attack of the Month tongue-in-cheek; not implying that the "regular pizzas" are healthy, or that one should not feel free to order whatever you like. Personally, I don't order those pizzas because just reading the ingredients list starts to give me indigestion.

Comment

I'm a fan of Dice Pizza myself. They get it to you fast. Though I'm working on learning how to make my own.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

This reminds me, we got our Heart Attack of the Month coupons a few days ago, but this time it's not pizza, it's Garlic Knots (that look AMAZING).

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post

:meekly raises hand: Guilty as charged, as a sucker for stuff like that. I figure, I try to eat a salad with my dinner Mon.-Thurs. but if I'm gonna do a happy meal on Fri then yeah it's not gonna be rabbit/piggy food
                          "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Any of you folks have a Godfathers Pizza in your locale? Now that's good pizza! And the cinnamon monkey bread is a habituating substance . .

Comment

Slightly wandering off,but I tried langos for the first time this weekend at a fayre we had. They're Hungarian,kinda like garlic bread pizzas,topped with garlic and grated cheese and yoghurt(yogurt?yoghourt?).Sounds bizarre but really tasty.Very rich-more than one and you'd be dribbling oil and making garlicky burping noises...
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                                Any of you folks have a Godfathers Pizza in your locale? Now that's good pizza! And the cinnamon monkey bread is a habituating substance . .
                                I LOVE Godfathers pizza. Discovered them about 37 years ago in the town where I went to college. One of the chains that has NOT really changed much in that time.

Used to have 2 sit-down restaurants here in Cheeseheadland Central but the both closed about 12 years ago and we were devoid of the beloved GF pizza. someone opened a small DELCO (delivery/carryout only) version of GF several years ago not that far from me and the peasants rejoiced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXMdvhsvi0
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X