This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
    There's a *reason* I try to avoid the buses between 3 & 4 pm on weekdays. all the teens that have been let out of school.

And, of course, after 4 you've got rush hour...
    If I ever found out that my kids were causing trouble on a bus they would be out there begging for forgiveness from the people they affected.

Actually, my oldest has had a few problems of the opposite sort. People have assumed that because he's a kid he didn't need a seat. He's been known to lift his pant legs to show the surgical scars. My middle son, who doesn't have the bone disease has gotten himself in trouble a few times defending disabled people.

Honestly, I may be a little biased towards teenagers because I'm a former teacher, but I think that must kids are good people, but there's an obnoxious minority that kills it for the rest of them.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I have days when it would *really* be better if I took a cart in the grocery store, but I don't, because I don't want to be judged as "one of those lazy fatasses." I'd really rather not have to hear anyone complain about those supposed fatasses who really ARE lazy--since we don't really know if they are anyway. I end up having to get to a seat if there's one, right quick, and eventually go home early because I chose not to listen to advice. I personally have a really hard time handling dirty looks, and rarely have the strength to speak back when I'm in that state.

But a girl's gotta get her groceries!

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
        I have a question... does anyone else hate it when you get on a really quiet bus? I don't think it should be wrong to talk (in a regular speaking voice) about something that nobody really cares about (making a shopping list, for example), but getting on a quiet bus always makes me feel that way. :c
        A QUIET bus would be a treat! I always seem to wind up on the ones with some jerk playing his "music" so loud it's audible around the earphones, some bozo "singing" along (who manages to not even sound as good as my cat would), someone having an animated discussion with the invisible man, at least two people yelling profanity-filled TMI into their phones....

And no, it's not a "choose one annoyance" deal. It's usually a combo platter of at least two.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

The buses I used to ride were usually filled with people having their own regular conversations, but occasionally I'd get on an uncomfortably quiet one. This was Phoenix almost ten years ago though.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            I always seem to wind up on the ones with some jerk playing his "music" so loud it's audible around the earphones,
            Unfortunately that pointy-eared dude is no longer around to deal with the problem. Cookies for reference.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Unfortunately that pointy-eared dude is no longer around to deal with the problem. Cookies for reference.
              Spock, Star Trek IV

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Mr Spock! Star Trek IV! Is the cookie bacon/chocolate chip? *looks hopeful*
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Things are a lot easier with visible disabilities, that's for sure. Bus driver gave us trouble and hassled me for fare when I was my husband's caregiver and he was using a cane (not allowed under the ADA...caregivers have the same rights as service animals). Now he has a wheelchair and everyone falls all over themselves for us.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post

Maybe bus drivers should be able to write parking tickets for people who remain in handicapped seats when someone else needs them. I mean, they parked their butt there, after all!
                    Failure to follow a driver's instruction to move (and under the ADA they ARE supposed to tell able-bodied people in the ADA seats to move) is legally considered hindering the operation of a public transportation system, which is a felony.
                    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 04-24-2015, 02:30 AM.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

However, just because they can stand doesn't mean that they can stand without pain. My monthly "ow" can be so painful and draining that on the two occasions that I did go out, I considered using a scooter so I don't have to walk. I didn't because for one case, the deposit was expensive, and for the other, the scooter was so low on battery power that it was better for me to walk and tough out the pain.
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                        Things are a lot easier with visible disabilities, that's for sure. Bus driver gave us trouble and hassled me for fare when I was my husband's caregiver and he was using a cane (not allowed under the ADA...caregivers have the same rights as service animals). Now he has a wheelchair and everyone falls all over themselves for us.
                        I'm so glad that Greensboro not only offers municipal bus service for citizen but also the SCAT service for the disabled for whom it would be too difficult to ride the regular buses.

Those SCAT vans are a lifesaver for both my Mom and brother. Not only can they be more independent but they have no problems getting to and from doctor appointments (Mom can't walk very far and needs her chair when she goes for her appointments) but it makes it easier for Mom to be able to go places with her chair (as long as the address is within the city limits, we're golden) and can have our occasional shopping/dining out sprees.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

Star Trek IV The Voyage Home aka "The One With The Whales"

choco chip/peanut butter are my fav btw
                          "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Working...
                          X