Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I discovered a new pet peeve in the hotel business.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I discovered a new pet peeve in the hotel business.

I get someone checked in, and room assigned.
    SC: Oh, but I didn't want a room on the Nth floor!

Mrgrgr! You should have said something when we were arranging prices and what room type you wanted! Idiots.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

My grandma always has the opposite problem. She has bone spurs under her Achilles tendons and she's had so many surgeries for them that she needs a room on the first floor of any place that's too small for an elevator. She always gets an upstairs room and has to complain because she can't climb stairs.

I can see how that would be annoying though. I mean, unless you have a reason to request a specific floor, why should it matter?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Then there are the ones that come in on nearly sold out nights and demand a room away from ice machine/elevator/maid rooms - etc. Really? You will take what is available or you know where the door is.

Comment

I don't mind that guests have specific preferences. It's when they state those preferences AFTER they've been checked in and assigned a room that bugs me.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I am teh smart about this. I book rooms from the hotel website and request my specific "demands". It does upset me when I have been driving for hours, show up at the hotel during proper check in hours and learn that they gave my room to someone else because I wasn't there right at the minute. I'm now wondering if it would be better for me to just make phone calls?

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            I don't mind that guests have specific preferences. It's when they state those preferences AFTER they've been checked in and assigned a room that bugs me.
            And then when you can't meet them, they're all, "I don't believe this I've never had this problem before this is horrible service blargle!"

One of my favorites is when we have a sold-out night, and several people with different names want to be roomed near each other, and there's nothing on any of the reservations indicating that they were affiliated, and they show up at 10pm and throw a fit because they're on different floors on opposite sides of the hotel....
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

room availability

This one dude came in without a reservation on a nearly sold out night. I had no rooms left with two queen beds. He had a larger family so I offered to sell him two king rooms right next to each other. He took the rooms but after checkout complained on our website that one of the rooms should have been free. Really? nobody twisted your arm to take the two rooms. you could have kept driving.

Comment

Did anyone else read the title as "... pet peeve in the hottie business." ?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I certainly did.

Comment

I misread it as "bottle business"

I don't know.
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Wow, I just now realize the typo.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Did anyone else read the title as "... pet peeve in the hottie business." ?
                        I've fixed the title, as requested by the user.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Or you could have one of my aunts who will scour any, and I do mean any, room she has been given, find some little fault with it, and then go to the front desk to complain about it. She'll be given a new room, she look over again, if she finds a small fault with it she'll raise another stink until she finds a room that she likes.

The last time she did this was the first and last time I stayed in a hotel with her, it took about an hour and a half to get a room.
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

You hotel types would LOVE me (and I'm not sarcastic). Is there a bed? Does the door lock? Do all the mechanical systems (lights, HVAC, plumbing) work? Has it NOT been destroyed by a previous guest or flooding? If the answers to those questions are "yes", I'll take it.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm with wolfie. All I want is a safe place to sleep, maybe some tv to watch.

Then again, I'm not the kind to complain to the hotel that I don't like the local fabric shop's selection either.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                              X