This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    Yes, it is illegal for someone to have possession of narcotics that are not prescribed to them. However, in the case of a cashier handling prescriptions in the setting of the store they work for, that would not be considered an illegal activity.
    Yeah thats what I figured. Bummer though....cuz it would be really easy for someone to lie and say the cashier never put it in their bag. Thats why I hate that they even put it on the belt, that I even have to handle it. But I guess it is along the same lines as it being legal to sell alcohol at 18. Even though you are in "possesion" you are protected by your job.
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

It's difficult to ween yourself out of that situation when someone lies to try to get someone fired. My managers know when a customer says "she's accusing me of stealing" that customers don't get satisfaction because it's a loss prevention issue, I believe nobody gets in trouble unless you frighten them by saying they are paying with a fake coupon or bill then the outcome from the SC would be worded differently. You're just checking if she did pay for it that's very reasonable. I think the slight argument might've sparked the Manager to consider that you should be careful when speaking to someone.
      Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

good thing it wasnt me.... i would have cried
        At my grocery you can pay at the register but you have to have a reciete on the bag all ready (its a sales report thing)

She sounds like she was asking for a trouble
        You were way to helpful for her evil

Comment

Quoth batmoody
          I hate when they stick their "paid" for prescriptions up on the belt though. If its already been paid for, why are you sticking it up there? Just so you can tell me "I already paid for that"?
          I will put my script on the belt (we also have to pay at the pharmacy when we pick it up, but if you have a few groceries they can ring those up there also) just so I don't have to hold it while I get my money out and whatnot. I pick up the prescription first so I don't have to wait at the pharmacy with a bunch of bags, and then do my shoping, and then when I pay I'll just set it on top of my stuff on the belt. Usually I'll take it back before it gets to the cashier, though, or if I am organizing my stuff still they will usually just let me know they are putting it in the bag with the groceries. Never been a big deal.

*for the record, I don't usually use a shopping cart, just a hand basket, or I would just leave the prescription in the cart.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My mom once went to the A&P near where we lived. As a treat for the family, she picked up a couple of bottles of Schweppe's Ginger Beer. When she got to the checkout, this 17 year old girl informed her that she could not ring up the ginger beer, as she was not old enough. My mom told her it is a soft drink, and that ginger beeer, she thinks, is what people in England call ginger ale. The girl insisted on calling the manager to her register, and said my mom was trying to get her to break the law. He took one look at the bottle and told the girl wshe was a twit, and that the bottles held soda pop. Check the lady out, give her the ginger beer free, and do some learning. Smoke was rolling out of his ears.

Comment

That was completely uncalled for. for the manager to call the cashier a twit. The cashier didn't know for sure what ginger beer was and was just trying to stay on the safe side. If she wasn't sure, the correct and right thing to do was call her manager.

One time I made a similar mistake. When I was a cashier at Kroger, it was Sunday morning and a customer brought up O'Douls. I just thought that was another brand of beer. I didn't know it didn't have alcohol. I told her we couldn't sell beer before noon and the customer said "Ok" and left. Then the other employees tried to make me feel like an idiot about it because I didn't know much about alcohol.

Definitions of ginger beer on google:
              http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&d...ition&ct=title

a milky alcoholic drink that is effervescent and ginger flavored. Made with gingerroot.
              http://www.cooksrecipes.com/cooking-...h-results.html

Made in both nonalcoholic and alcoholic forms, this carbonated beverage tastes like ginger ale with a stronger ginger flavor. It`s an integral ingredient in the mixed drink, Moscow mule.
              www.mychefcoat.com/terms-g.html
              Last edited by Rubystars; 06-26-2007, 02:28 PM.

Comment

The store I go to get my prescriptions actually staples the receipt to the bag after I buy it at the pharmacy so people do know that I have brought it. I usually finish doing shopping I ussually go to the self-check outs to buy my grocies before I go to pick up my prescriptions so I don't have to figure out what to do with it when paying for the rest of my stuff.

Okay, now I know ginger beer is like ginger ale, thought it was beer that had ginger in it but it's just soda . Of course, I'm just wandering if people have mistaken root beer as real beer (it's taste yummier then real beer) and I've heard of a soft drink called Cherrywine which is kind like cherry cola so I'm sure it's probably been mistaken for real wine.
                Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                My space
                Facebook

Comment

I can't understand why it would be hard to tell if a drink was alcoholic or not.

It will say on the label how much alcohol is in it.

Why would there ever have to be a question?

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was wondering that if she went to scan it if it asked for dob. I know that if you buy and tobacco products it asks for it. I was wondering why the girl couldn't just scan it and see if it asked for the dob.
                    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Working...
                    X